The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

portfolio needed for interview at Solent University????

Nowhere on the Television Production page for Solent University does it say anything about submitting a portfolio and now I've just gotten an interview for there and they're asking me to submit a digital one?

I'm so confused and stressed because now I'm trying to find things to piece together some sort of portfolio and also there's no explicit deadline stated anywhere on the form they sent me or any of the emails??!

Please help if you know anything about this and if you could direct me to a page on the Solent University website stating that television production requires a portfolio
Reply 1
Hey, I've just helped someone through the same position for Post production for film and television but figured out what Solent do. After your first interview invitation, after booking an appointment you will receive a portfolio brief which are the details of "things to prepare before your interview" i.e. complete and submit the potfolio. After the interview is booked, this date will also show up on UCAS track as your portfolio/extra materials deadline which they refer to in letters as your submission deadline.

Being in this position I would suggest not making the same mistake and booking a late interview date if you havent already chosen one as it will be your portfolio deadline as this needs to be done in time for your interview! Hope this helps :smile:
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton
Reply 2
Original post by kpas
Hey, I've just helped someone through the same position for Post production for film and television but figured out what Solent do. After your first interview invitation, after booking an appointment you will receive a portfolio brief which are the details of "things to prepare before your interview" i.e. complete and submit the potfolio. After the interview is booked, this date will also show up on UCAS track as your portfolio/extra materials deadline which they refer to in letters as your submission deadline.

Being in this position I would suggest not making the same mistake and booking a late interview date if you havent already chosen one as it will be your portfolio deadline as this needs to be done in time for your interview! Hope this helps :smile:

Hi thanks for the help but it's all sorted now! Turns out Solent sent me the wrong interview brief so I don't need to submit a portfolio

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending