The Student Room Group

Irish students studying in Scotland

Hi I am an Irish student that would really want to study in Scotland and I recently found out that I have to pay £9250 because of brexit. I really don’t like the sound of tuition fee loans and I was wondering if anyone knows any scholarships or student grants that I could apply to. Please let me know. Thanks.
I know that Strathclyde and Aberdeen are doing EU Transition scholarships. They’re paying a lot towards tuition, depending on the course you’re doing. All the info is on their websites. We’re also eligible for loans from SAAS, even if we get the EU scholarship. Only thing is is that they don’t do maintenance loans like England, but depending on the uni the rent isn’t too bad
Reply 2
Original post by caitlinphillips
I know that Strathclyde and Aberdeen are doing EU Transition scholarships. They’re paying a lot towards tuition, depending on the course you’re doing. All the info is on their websites. We’re also eligible for loans from SAAS, even if we get the EU scholarship. Only thing is is that they don’t do maintenance loans like England, but depending on the uni the rent isn’t too bad

You can get loans from SAAS and you can get the maintenance grant from SUSI so you won’t need the maintenance loan from England
I wish we had the same fees as Scottish students why did they change it?
Original post by Anonymous
You can get loans from SAAS and you can get the maintenance grant from SUSI so you won’t need the maintenance loan from England
I wish we had the same fees as Scottish students why did they change it?

Wait are we eligible for maintenance from the SUSI grant? They changed it very last minute because of brexit :frown:
Reply 4
Wait are we eligible for maintenance from the SUSI grant? They changed it very last minute because of brexit :frown:

When was the latest update you got about this I could be wrong
Reply 5

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/education/i-m-thinking-of-studying-in-a-uk-university-what-post-brexit-fees-will-i-face-1.4455125%3fmode=amp
Go to this website and got the part where they talk about SUSI about grants

Quick Reply

Latest