The Student Room Group

MSc Criminology and Criminal Justice Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Planet one
Is there anyone else who hasn’t received a decision yet?

Here here! I haven't received a decision yet. What about you?
Nothing
Did you apply for FT or PT?
Did you apply for FT or PT?

Full time
Original post by kennybrays
Congrats on your college acceptance.

Thank you!!
Hey guys, me and my current course mate received rejection emails this morning! Very sad news but at least I can breathe and not worry about the response. Thought I would let you all know that they are contacting people.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ELSE x
Original post by Karan Mphil Crim
Do they send rejections before acceptances? I don't know what they're doing this year. They should just clear it as soon as possible.

I think they might be sending rejections before acceptances, two friends of mine just got their emails.

(edited 3 years ago)
Is there anyone else who hasn’t received a decision yet?

still waiting for a decision.
Original post by kennybrays
I think they might be sending rejections before acceptances, two friends of mine just got their emails.

oh geez, it's so unnerving. I hope I don't receive an email then 😂
Original post by c.stanbo
Hey guys, me and my current course mate received rejection emails this morning! Very sad news but at least I can breathe and not worry about the response. Thought I would let you all know that they are contacting people.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ELSE x

Thank you for updating us, I'm so sorry about that, wish you the best in your other applications.
oh geez, it's so unnerving. I hope I don't receive an email then 😂

Hopefully *fingers crossed* :smile:
Hey guys, just recieved acceptance mail from the Department. Official offer letter will come in a couple of weeks! Very happy!
Congratulations!! Just got the letter too.
Original post by zack0011
Congratulations!! Just got the letter too.

Yay, congratulations! Did you the official letter or the mail from Tracy from Criminology Dependent?
Hey guys, congrats on your offers! :biggrin: I got a waiting list letter. Is this normal and should I have hope?
Original post by Annie_99
Hey guys, congrats on your offers! :biggrin: I got a waiting list letter. Is this normal and should I have hope?

Hey Annie, isn't it better than a rejection? Also threads on reddit suggest that many waitlisted candidates actually end up attending the course as many offer holders are unable to go to Oxford due to lack of funding
Yay, congratulations! Did you the official letter or the mail from Tracy from Criminology Dependent?

Got the mail from Tracy. I already got my college acceptance last week so was expecting it.
Original post by Annie_99

It is definitely normal and congrats. It's much better than a rejection. As Karan said, waitlisted candidates do end up attending as many offer holders are unable to access funding. And with covid's impact on financial resources, I feel it is more likely that you will get in. Good Luck!!
Thank you so much guys for the reassurance, I'll wait it out and keep my fingers crossed. Hope to see you in October!
Congratulations everyone! Hopefully will see you all in October! Got my offer email this morning too! Where has everyone applied for colleges?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending