The Student Room Group

MSc Criminology and Criminal Justice Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ClDain11123
Congratulations everyone! Hopefully will see you all in October! Got my offer email this morning too! Where has everyone applied for colleges?

I applied to GTC and got accepted 3 days ago.
I received my rejection on March 6th. Good luck to everyone! Feeling a little frustrated, but I'm definitely gonna try again :smile:
Original post by mjulia.pa
I received my rejection on March 6th. Good luck to everyone! Feeling a little frustrated, but I'm definitely gonna try again :smile:

I'm so sorry to hear about that, best of luck in your other applications and good luck next year !!!
Hey Guys just received my acceptance mail from Tracy from the Criminology and criminal justice Department saying that I've been accepted into the course. :smile:
Original post by kennybrays
Hey Guys just received my acceptance mail from Tracy from the Criminology and criminal justice Department saying that I've been accepted into the course. :smile:

Congrats!! See you at Oxford..
I applied to Christ Church but I'm not feeling very confident about it.
Original post by Karan Mphil Crim
Hey guys, just recieved acceptance mail from the Department. Official offer letter will come in a couple of weeks! Very happy!

Congrats buddy on your offers from Oxbridge!!
Original post by mjulia.pa

Hey, that's a commendable attitude towards life. You'll definitely go places with this outlook. My wishes are with you. Much love! ❤️
Original post by kennybrays
Congrats buddy on your offers from Oxbridge!!

Thanks man! I hope we get the funding as well. Although, I'm fallen in love with King's College Cambridge. I really don't know how I'll choose! 😂. Maybe I'll pick the place where you're going.
Original post by Karan Mphil Crim
Thanks man! I hope we get the funding as well. Although, I'm fallen in love with King's College Cambridge. I really don't know how I'll choose! 😂. Maybe I'll pick the place where you're going.

Haha, the pressure is real. Hopefully we get funding. Kings College is a beautiful college!! I also don't know which one to pick it will depend on funding. But I'm really excited nonetheless. :smile:
Same here, does anyone have any idea what the standard conditions are for offers for this course (will it likely be a high 2:1 or a first)? :smile:
Original post by fentiman2021
Same here, does anyone have any idea what the standard conditions are for offers for this course (will it likely be a high 2:1 or a first)? :smile:

I think it varies a bit for each application. But usually it is the minimum requirement for the course, so more likely a high 2:1
Just got the certificate of offer today and a form to fill out financial aid award :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 73
hi all! this is my first time logging into the student room for a long time - i thought i'd seek out the community i'll be doing my MSc with! I got an informal congratulations on March 8th, and the official offer to study Criminology and Criminal Justice part-time on March 9th.

good luck to everyone else applying!! if anyone wants to stay in touch, I'd love to make some course friends :smile:
Original post by soro242
hi all! this is my first time logging into the student room for a long time - i thought i'd seek out the community i'll be doing my MSc with! I got an informal congratulations on March 8th, and the official offer to study Criminology and Criminal Justice part-time on March 9th.

good luck to everyone else applying!! if anyone wants to stay in touch, I'd love to make some course friends :smile:

Congrats on getting in!! I am looking forward to the course, looking forward to making friends and keeping in touch.
Reply 75
Original post by zack0011
Congrats on getting in!! I am looking forward to the course, looking forward to making friends and keeping in touch.

Thank you, you too!!! It's so exciting - hopefully we can all meet up for coffee or something :smile:
hey guys!! Congratulations to everyone who got it :smile: Hope we all get to meet in person later in October!
I'm also waiting for funding and college decisions!
Applied to Kings but also not so confident about it! I am so excited to start school life in Oxford but also very anxious because I know close to nada about the UK! Never been there in my life!!
Original post by soro242
Thank you, you too!!! It's so exciting - hopefully we can all meet up for coffee or something :smile:

Yeah that’d be great :smile:
Original post by Annie_99
Hey guys, congrats on your offers! :biggrin: I got a waiting list letter. Is this normal and should I have hope?

Just stumbled across this thread randomly while browsing and wanted to say I’m on the MSc Criminology and CJ at Oxford now and was waitlisted last year so don’t give up hope! :smile: I think I got my acceptance around April time but it’ll depend on when/if someone else gives up a place! I hope you get in!
Original post by Katarvi
Just stumbled across this thread randomly while browsing and wanted to say I’m on the MSc Criminology and CJ at Oxford now and was waitlisted last year so don’t give up hope! :smile: I think I got my acceptance around April time but it’ll depend on when/if someone else gives up a place! I hope you get in!

Hey Katarvi!! Do you think I can ask u a few questions regarding the program?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending