The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Please Help need some serious advice [reapplying to Manchester for Economics]

Got BBC in August and got into Manchester Uni but not for the course i wanted. I wanted to do eco and eco history. I'm reapplying this year for the same course and economics and history to other places. 2 of my choices are Manchester Uni. I really really wanna go manchester uni to do economics and some form of history e.g economic History or modern history. Also i'm resitting my history A level cause i was four marks of an A and my economics as I was 8 marks of an A. Hopefully trying to get AAB by the end of this year. I'm just worried whether i'll get any offers let alone offers from manchester uni. The course requirements for eco and eco history is BBB and i'm predicted ABB. Are they likely to give offers to me cause i am doing a third year and didnt make the offer first time round? Any1 been through this kinda expereince? Sorry about the whole thing being muddled up. Any kind of feedback would be really appreciated. Thanks!
Reply 1
hashimali
Got BBC in August and got into Manchester Uni but not for the course i wanted. I wanted to do eco and eco history. I'm reapplying this year for the same course and economics and history to other places. 2 of my choices are Manchester Uni. I really really wanna go manchester uni to do economics and some form of history e.g economic History or modern history. Also i'm resitting my history A level cause i was four marks of an A and my economics as I was 8 marks of an A. Hopefully trying to get AAB by the end of this year. I'm just worried whether i'll get any offers let alone offers from manchester uni. The course requirements for eco and eco history is BBB and i'm predicted ABB. Are they likely to give offers to me cause i am doing a third year and didnt make the offer first time round? Any1 been through this kinda expereince? Sorry about the whole thing being muddled up. Any kind of feedback would be really appreciated. Thanks!

You should find out what Manchester uni think about econ/hist applicants doing retakes. But I would guess that as manchester "only" ask for BBB they are not in aposition to be that choosey.

Also check out my sig threads.

p.s. why are are so keen on Manchester?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Latest

Trending

Trending