The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Edinburgh vs Loughborough

So I'm deciding between the University of Edinburgh and Loughborough. I've applied for is Sports and exercise science, and I know Loughborough is supposedly the best for sports studies but I'm also captivated by Edinburgh city as a whole. Any opinions/ feedback/ things to think about before choosing one over the other? :// I love aspects of both but idk .
Hi Loughborough and Edinborough are both good unis imo i think that Edinborough stands out more internationally compare to Loughborough in general whereas Loughborough isn number one for sports in the world! so that kinda balances it all out if I were you I would consider

what do I want to do after this degree?
which city has better opportunities?
which city has a better nightlife etc?
which uni has better job prospects etc?

watch YouTubers from these schools also etc
good luck
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Which one did you choose ? Same situation so wondering if you like your choice.
Original post by Raven3444
Which one did you choose ? Same situation so wondering if you like your choice.

Hi @Raven3444

It's great to hear you're thinking about studying at Loughborough!

I'm currently in my first year here studying Marketing and Management so if you had any questions about the campus of student life at Loughborough just let me know :smile:

Jess
Do you like Loughborough, I’ve heard there isn’t much to do?
Original post by Raven3444
Do you like Loughborough, I’ve heard there isn’t much to do?

Hi @Raven3444

Before I came to Loughborough I was worried about it being a small town and there not being much to do. However since I've been here I've been pleasantly surprised - I can safely say I've never been bored here. There are plenty restaurants and pubs in town to go out to eat and drink. Most of my time in the week is spent on campus as there is lots on like going to watch the Loughborough first teams play, playing sport and just relaxing with friends as well as the nights out the union puts on in the week but at the weekend you do tend to go out in town more. Loughborough is however a market town and can't offer what a city can but usually if we want more of a city atmosphere we just get the train to Leicester or Nottingham which both take less than 20 minutes and is very easy to do. The thing I appreciate about Loughborough being a smaller town is that there is a nice community feel and it really does feel like a student town. When you go out you always bump into someone you know which I've found really nice and it makes you feel like the campus extends to the town.

Hope this helped :smile:

Jess
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending