The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Solent University Accomodation - enrolling Sept 2021

Hi guys,

In the process of deciding which accommodation and residence I would like to pick for when I enrol in September and we have come to the conclusion that Deanery is the one for us. Can anyone offer us any more information on what it's like and how it is in general?

Thanks very much
Original post by eyatesy
Hi guys,

In the process of deciding which accommodation and residence I would like to pick for when I enrol in September and we have come to the conclusion that Deanery is the one for us. Can anyone offer us any more information on what it's like and how it is in general?

Thanks very much

Hi @eyatesy,

I actually stayed at the Hamwic residences in first year, however I believe all of the accommodations were quite similar in that they had similar facilities- Deanery and Hamwic were quite comparable as they are both en-suite (I believe a few accommodation blocks have been updated since I stayed at Hamwic!). In my experience at Hamwic, it was quite sociable (of course, this will depend on who you are flat-sharing with and what you like to do in your spare time), and from hearing friends' experiences in the other residences, each residence was quite sociable and friendly. There are accommodation blocks which are designated to be quieter, including David Moxon, so it is worth thinking about that if you would prefer quieter accommodation.

I hope this has been helpful- I'm sorry I don't know much more about the experience of living in Deanery!

If you'd like any more help of information about anything else, just let me know!
Eloise :smile:
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending