Reply 2
c3=82
c4 71
s1 80
m1 79 :mad:
Reply 3
thats ****
Reply 4
Yeah I'd say putting just C1 and C2 is a bad idea. It'll be fairly obvious (At least, if I was reading it) that you don't have good marks in the other modules (90+ I'd guess).
I got 100 in a couple of modules, but didn't do as well in others, so I declared absolutely nothing on my application. However, my teachers have mentioned all of the high UMS marks I got on my reference.
Reply 6
Divide By Zero
I got 100 in a couple of modules, but didn't do as well in others, so I declared absolutely nothing on my application. However, my teachers have mentioned all of the high UMS marks I got on my reference.

yeah that's what i mean, mentioning this on the reference, not anywhere else
What I am confused about is how did you get 95+% in C1 and C2, then get under 90% in C3 and C4!?
vinsta
yeah that's what i mean, mentioning this on the reference, not anywhere else

That'll be fine - go for it. I take it that your school didn't certificate your AS levels then?
Reply 9
Divide By Zero
That'll be fine - go for it. I take it that your school didn't certificate your AS levels then?

what do you mean by certificate?
I am carrying on with all my subjects to A2, surely there is no need to certificate AS's?
So it wont look like the other grades were low if i dont mention them?
Also do predicted grades go in the reference only?
Reply 10
:p:
Mathematician!
What I am confused about is how did you get 95+% in C1 and C2, then get under 90% in C3 and C4!?

I make ridiculously careless errors in my exams ( i have been known to write 3x4=7 lol), i dont even know where i lost my marks in c1 and c2, cuz i was sure of 100 in both after exam, ah well.:p:
vinsta
what do you mean by certificate?
I am carrying on with all my subjects to A2, surely there is no need to certificate AS's?
So it wont look like the other grades were low if i dont mention them?
Also do predicted grades go in the reference only?

When you certificate them, it means that they become official and that you have to put your results down as a completed AS level on your UCAS application. If you certificate them, they become finalized and any resits that you do don't count towards making that better, but towards a new AS (I think).

So, if your teachers mention it in your REFERENCE, not you mentioning it in your PERSONAL STATEMENT, everything will be fine. I'm going to assume, by the fact that you don't know if they're certificated or not, that they're not. That's the norm nowadays, as it makes more sense to do so, thanks to the ways the rules are set out. Your school will mention that it's a school policy not to certificate at the beginning of your reference.
Reply 12
Divide By Zero
When you certificate them, it means that they become official and that you have to put your results down as a completed AS level on your UCAS application. If you certificate them, they become finalized and any resits that you do don't count towards making that better, but towards a new AS (I think).

So, if your teachers mention it in your REFERENCE, not you mentioning it in your PERSONAL STATEMENT, everything will be fine. I'm going to assume, by the fact that you don't know if they're certificated or not, that they're not. That's the norm nowadays, as it makes more sense to do so, thanks to the ways the rules are set out. Your school will mention that it's a school policy not to certificate at the beginning of your reference.

My school dont certificate them, and i am also awaiting remarks, so should i tell me teachers to write that?
Also I am going to self study a module at home, but i am not sure whether i am going to sit an exam in it or just learn the material to help during the course of my degree?
vinsta
My school dont certificate them, and i am also awaiting remarks, so should i tell me teachers to write that?
Also I am going to self study a module at home, but i am not sure whether i am going to sit an exam in it or just learn the material to help during the course of my degree?

The school will probably issue a directive telling them to mention any exams in which you scored 100%. If you're not sure about it, ask your teacher to write "Vin is hoping to sit x module in the summer" into your reference.
vinsta
:p:
I make ridiculously careless errors in my exams ( i have been known to write 3x4=7 lol), i dont even know where i lost my marks in c1 and c2, cuz i was sure of 100 in both after exam, ah well.:p:

That makes two of us then :yep:
Reply 15
Divide By Zero
The school will probably issue a directive telling them to mention any exams in which you scored 100%. If you're not sure about it, ask your teacher to write "Vin is hoping to sit x module in the summer" into your reference.

ahh ok cheers mate.
Reply 16
Mathematician!
That makes two of us then :yep:

lol, though not a tendency we should be proud of adminttedly:wink:
vinsta
ahh ok cheers mate.

No problem =]

Latest

Trending

Trending