The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

BCU - Bentley House and Uni Locks accommodation

Hey! I'm hoping to move into Bentley House or Uni Locks in September. Anyone lived in either of them or have any photos of what the rooms were like? Also, how accessible is the main campus and conservatoire from Bentley - would it be safe to walk to and from campus in the dark?
Reply 1
Hey I've also applied for Bentley house! It'll be my first year so I can't say what they're like but their website has photos and a video tour of their rooms + communal flat areas,, just press on where it says 'take a tour' and there's a couple of videos to watch :smile:

I also would say it's relatively safe to walk at night round there. Several of BCU accommodations are in the same area as Bentley house, which is on a main road so it's well-lit and there's a lot of people always walking around from what I've seen. There's also a crossing to get across the main road and start walking up towards where the main campus is rather than using the underpass, so I'd say it's somewhat safe, or I think so anyway.
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Hydel
Hey I've also applied for Bentley house! It'll be my first year so I can't say what they're like but their website has photos and a video tour of their rooms + communal flat areas,, just press on where it says 'take a tour' and there's a couple of videos to watch :smile:

I also would say it's relatively safe to walk at night round there. Several of BCU accommodations are in the same area as Bentley house, which is on a main road so it's well-lit and there's a lot of people always walking around from what I've seen. There's also a crossing to get across the main road and start walking up towards where the main campus is rather than using the underpass, so I'd say it's somewhat safe, or I think so anyway.

Hey, thanks for replying!
I saw that - their website is so good! I also emailed them and you can currently book virtual viewings. They recommend walking through Aston's campus to get to BCU and it is all well lit. Would just to be good to see someone's room as I suppose the accommodation will always show the 'best' rooms!
Reply 3
Original post by eveelliott
Hey, thanks for replying!
I saw that - their website is so good! I also emailed them and you can currently book virtual viewings. They recommend walking through Aston's campus to get to BCU and it is all well lit. Would just to be good to see someone's room as I suppose the accommodation will always show the 'best' rooms!

No worries! I I definitely agree they probably show the best rooms but then again I've not read any bad reviews about them so far. I think if you look on google maps though at bentley house there's a few photos but they're mostly the same, plus it's much of the same with uni locks :frown: If i do find some other photos/videos though I'll let you know!
Reply 4
hi also looking at bentley house and the locks just cant decide anyone have expeirance of both ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending