The Student Room Group

Yorkshire and Humber - North Yorkshire/East Coast F1

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Anyone heading to Grimsby f1 and 2?
Reply 21
Original post by Philosophicus
Thanks for sharing your experience, really made me excited about starting my F1 there; i've been allocated to York Hospital for F1 and Hull Infirmary for F2 jobs. A couple of practical questions: how did you find housing in York i.e. did the Trust give you options after sending the employment offer or did u do this independently, and what was your personal situation like there? also what can we expect in prices for 1 bed flat? thanks again

Hi!

I'm glad you found it useful - honestly I think you'll have a great (albeit challenging) time there.
Housing in York has changed a lot since I was there to be honest, and unfortunately I think it has become quite expensive. I decided I wanted to live by myself after having spent all of my time at university house-sharing, so I managed to find a fairly modern studio apartment very close to the centre of York. Back in 2018, it cost me £710pcm which felt like a lot - a quick Google now looks like it's going for just over £900pcm. You can definitely find cheaper accommodation than that though - particularly in the streets behind the hospital. I don't really remember being given any support in finding accommodation by the Trust, but I wasn't actively seeking support at the time because I knew the area well. If it something that you are stressed about/you're struggling to find anything affordable, then you can always email their Postgraduate Education Team who might be able to signpost you.

I hope that helps a bit - unfortunately I've moved out of Yorkshire for training so I can't comment too much on what accommodation prices are like right now.
Reply 22
Original post by student123455
Hi there! I am starting Scarborough for F1 and am hoping to find a semi nice accommodation for myself. Any ideas on where to look and if the hospital has any accomodation? thank you :smile:

Hi!

I hope you have a lovely time in Scarborough! It takes a bit of getting used to, but I have so many fond memories from working there.
Ah this is a tricky question - it's really hard to find one-bedroom accommodation in Scarborough. My best advice would be to see if there are any social media groups with other FY1s placed in Scarbs and see if you can house share, as there are far more (and better) options for larger groups. You can always have a look at places like Rightmove to see if anything crops up, but I ended up going into a house share to get anything decent.
I'm not actually sure if Scarbs has hospital accommodation (I'm sure it probably does, but might be more of a temporary solution). As above, it could be worth contacting the Postgraduate MedEd team at the Trust if you're struggling as sometimes other staff members advertise spare rooms/properties to let on the Staff Intranet which you won't have access to yet.

Sorry that that's not super useful advice, but I hope you manage to find something decent!
hii, im just wondering if there are much research / portfolio opportunites in YHH deanery? or do they prioritize these for those on SFP? we are currently ranking deaneries now and am confused on where to go

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending