The Student Room Group

National Probation Service

Hello,
I’ve recently applied for the PQIP with the Probation service, and I’m just wondering if anyone knows how long after the applications close when you hear back about if you’ve moved on to the next steps?
Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Hello, I sent my application off on 7th March and got an invite to complete a behaviour based assessment on 13th March and just completed it today.
Original post by Emmarose88
Hello, I sent my application off on 7th March and got an invite to complete a behaviour based assessment on 13th March and just completed it today.
Hi i just completed a online test it was a bit confusing, I completed a game based test then recieved an email to say they would be in touch shortly. i am a bit confused as the practise test wasnt the same style as the one I took, has anyone experienced this? also do you know who long it takes to hear if you are succesful at this stage?
Reply 3
My application status has changed 2-3 times now, each time saying the same thing but phrased slightly differently. Very odd.
My application is still "being reviewed."
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Tedandlot123
Hi i just completed a online test it was a bit confusing, I completed a game based test then recieved an email to say they would be in touch shortly. i am a bit confused as the practise test wasnt the same style as the one I took, has anyone experienced this? also do you know who long it takes to hear if you are succesful at this stage?
When I did the practice one I was nothing like the one we had to do, so I understand how you feel. I talked to a few people on my university course and they are under the impression that it may take up to 6 weeks to know if you’ve moved on to the next stage of the application process
Reply 5
Received an email from PQiP recruitment earlier, thought it was an update on application status, turned out to be a generic email describing the assessment centre should the application pass the sifting process.
Application portal updated earlier today; got an email confirming I am through to the OAC; update says a separate email will be sent that'll contain an invitiation to select time and date for OAC.
Reply 7
Original post by Windies
Application portal updated earlier today; got an email confirming I am through to the OAC; update says a separate email will be sent that'll contain an invitiation to select time and date for OAC.

Yeah I got the same email today!
Original post by Cerys Cox
Yeah I got the same email today!

Got the same emai saying I'm through to the OAC twice 15-mins apart (odd, perhaps the sytem just sent it twice). Will update once I get the email asking me to select interview date and time.
Booked my OAC for mid May, GL to all
Reply 10
How do you guys prepare for OAC?
Reply 11
Original post by bazsir
How do you guys prepare for OAC?

I would read some newspaper articles and time yourself for the 75 minutes we have for the written assessment. You have to be able to read and then write in clear sentences the information you find within that article. The role playing one I’m not entirely sure but they sent an email with the behaviours that we should expect for the role play so they asked for us to be familiar with those and the interview I would be prepared with some examples of where you had strengths and weakness (kind of the same things we had to answer in the application) the person interviewing hasn’t seen the application so you can use the same examples
Reply 12
I would read some newspaper articles and time yourself for the 75 minutes we have for the written assessment. You have to be able to read and then write in clear sentences the information you find within that article. The role playing one I’m not entirely sure but they sent an email with the behaviours that we should expect for the role play so they asked for us to be familiar with those and the interview I would be prepared with some examples of where you had strengths and weakness (kind of the same things we had to answer in the application) the person interviewing hasn’t seen the application so you can use the same examples

Thank you. Where would you be based after a successful assessment?
Reply 13
Original post by bazsir
Thank you. Where would you be based after a successful assessment?

Hopefully North Yorkshire and Humber 🤞🏻 What about you?
Reply 14
Hopefully North Yorkshire and Humber 🤞🏻 What about you?

Kent, Surrey and Sussex. Hopefully. When did you book your OAC for?
Reply 15
Original post by bazsir
Kent, Surrey and Sussex. Hopefully. When did you book your OAC for?

It’s booked for the 13th May, yours?
Reply 16
It’s booked for the 13th May, yours?

29th of May.
Reply 17
Original post by bazsir
29th of May.

Good luck! Hope everything goes well 🤞🏻
Reply 18
Good luck! Hope everything goes well 🤞🏻

Good luck to you too.

I found this book the other day: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1910602442?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

I'll give it a try. It might help.
Booked OAC on 17th; got asked to upload degree certificate document picture again on 18th; however, since then the button that takes you to the OAC page is no longer present, I only see the following message on application centre - "Thank you for re-uploading your document. You will be contacted shortly to arrange a Vetting Contact Point appointment." Can people still see the button that takes you to the OAC?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending