The Student Room Group

reflective account

Hi,
i am doing a level 3 teaching assistant course and need help with my reflective accounts.
Has anyone done any and can send me an example or sample of theirs, just so i can get an idea of what i should be doing, please.
it can be on any topic, like behaviour or conflict issues.
Thank you.
Hello @mislam1786

Try using the Star Model to enable you to write reflectively -

describe the Situation and when it took place.
explain the Task and the objective.
give details about the Action you/the observed took to achieve this.
confirm the Result of their/your action.

Then evaluate what you feel was working successfully and then what improvements could be put in place.

For example, if you are observing a class for behaviour management techniques, you'd begin with something like, 'I was observing a period 4, Yr 10 Science class, while students were completing a core practice assessment.' This is the description of the Situation. Go on to say something like, 'Students were investigating the effect of pH on the rate of reaction of amylase enzyme, with the objective of being able to measure rates of reaction using a variety of methods, including using colour change of an indicator.' This is an explanation of the task and why the task is being performed. Next go onto 'I observed the way that the teacher met the students at the door, assigned a monitor to distribute the equipment needed for the experiment, reiterated the expectations of behaviour while conducting a practical experiment and the consequence of not meeting the expectation. That explains the actions of the teacher in this instance. Go on to analyse the result of the teachers actions and whether that worked well or not, 'Meeting the students at the door allowed the teacher to consolidate the relationship they'd built previously and to start the lesson with a positive and ordered manner....'

Hope this helps. Remember to consult with your course leader if in doubt!

Jane
Reply 2
aww thanks so much Jane
you gave a detailed response and understand .
Original post by mislam1786
aww thanks so much Jane
you gave a detailed response and understand .

My pleasure! Hope you do well with this activity! :smile:
Reply 4
Thank you for this thread
Really helped me😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending