The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Psychology Foundation Year

Hi, I've applied to Durham for psych with a foundation year and I was just wondering if anyone could tell me more about the application process? I've read that there is an interview and/or piece of written work involved but I'm still not sure what exactly what entails and I would love some insight and some advice for how to prepare for it.

Thank you!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi. I've applied for English with foundation year and also unsure on what comes next, we are in very similar positions
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi, I've applied to Durham for psych with a foundation year and I was just wondering if anyone could tell me more about the application process? I've read that there is an interview and/or piece of written work involved but I'm still not sure what exactly what entails and I would love some insight and some advice for how to prepare for it.

Thank you!

I have applied for the exact same course but still have no idea
they made me write a 500 word personal reflection
Reply 4
Original post by sarushelepurushe
they made me write a 500 word personal reflection

When did you hear back??
Original post by _lottieee
When did you hear back??

I sent the reflection in last night so ive not heard anything back yet but I sent my ucas off a few days before the deadline and I got an email about a week later telling me to write this.
but dont stress because im applying for biosci so we're being dealt with by completely different faculties<3
also, before you write the personal reflection, they give you a whole course on how to write it
Reply 6
I sent the reflection in last night so ive not heard anything back yet but I sent my ucas off a few days before the deadline and I got an email about a week later telling me to write this.
but dont stress because im applying for biosci so we're being dealt with by completely different faculties<3
also, before you write the personal reflection, they give you a whole course on how to write it
heyy ive just done this as well i applied for computer sicence with the foundation year. have you heard anything back yet?
Original post by pulsar982
heyy ive just done this as well i applied for computer sicence with the foundation year. have you heard anything back yet?
No not yet, hopefully soon we will. I wish you good luck with your application and let me know if you hear anything !!
Reply 8
No not yet, hopefully soon we will. I wish you good luck with your application and let me know if you hear anything !!
good luck to you too!! will definitely update if i hear anything
I applied for Accounting and finance but still havent recieved an email talking about a personal reflection
Original post by archidbaldathon
I applied for Accounting and finance but still havent recieved an email talking about a personal reflection
i applied early jan and only received it last week, maybe they're slowly going through applications bit by bit?

Thank you!
Just been asked to write a 500 word reflection now
Original post by hazzer1234

Thank you!

hahah yay! i applied for law found and the deadline for sending ours in was today (i sent mine last week) lmk if you hear anything + good luck!!!!
Oh cool, good luck! I think they must just be going through the applications by subject then
Oh cool, good luck! I think they must just be going through the applications by subject then

im applying for law fdn and our deadline was for today (sent last week)! so i assume that they are :smile:

Thank you!

anyone heard anything from Durham for foundation?

heard anything back yet???
Original post by Anonymous #2
hahah yay! i applied for law found and the deadline for sending ours in was today (i sent mine last week) lmk if you hear anything + good luck!!!!
Thanks and best of luck to you too
Thanks and best of luck to you too

some people in English have got rejections so far?? feeling nervy haven’t heard anything yet!! have u?
Original post by Anonymous #2
heard anything back yet???
No nothing yet 🥲 going a bit crazy with all this waiting

Quick Reply

Latest