The Student Room Group

My fitness blog to getting the best marathon time I can

Just over two years ago I was really fat and had zero levels of fitness so one day I decided that I would give jogging a go to lose weight and I gave myself a weight target, I reached that weight target and I've kept the weight off to this day but when I started jogging I couldn't get enough of it as despite the pain of working out it made me feel good, I previously lacked confidence and fitness has added character to myself and really helps with my esteem.

I began achieving things I thought would never be possible, I've always assumed that you had to be good at sports to be successful especially when I was in school I assumed those at the top of P.E class were just born like that but now I know it's about what you put into it is what you get. Two years later I have five marathons to my name and have lost count of how many times I've ran a half marathon distance or 20 miles for my long runs and have a personal best of 3:42 for the marathon and 1:33 for a half.

I've recently came off an injury, when I was injured I fell into a world of depression I was hitting the bottle every 3-4 days and actually became dependent on alcohol such as having really bad cravings if I hadn't drank for a few days. Now I am getting better and am back to running short distances I thought I would start up a fitness blog to keep me motivated.

I am currently 192 pounds and I am wanting to lose the weight I have put on from alcohol and not working out. My aim is to reach 160 which I feel could be my ideal race weight, the lightest I've been when running was 172 and I had a bit of fat on me still so making 160 and feeling comfortable there shouldn't be a problem, I could possibly even make 150 but I'll see how 160 feels first.

I'll be posting my workouts in here. Today's workouts I've decided to take it easy with it being my first day back.

Today I did a 2 mile run to see where I am at, I got a time of 14:06 which I don't think is too bad for someone that's 192 lbs. Once I lose weight I will be looking at 12 minutes or under if I train hard alongside my weight loss. I am going to do an hours workout later which will be boxercize.
Reply 1
Original post by Ross.Lamb
Just over two years ago I was really fat and had zero levels of fitness so one day I decided that I would give jogging a go to lose weight and I gave myself a weight target, I reached that weight target and I've kept the weight off to this day but when I started jogging I couldn't get enough of it as despite the pain of working out it made me feel good, I previously lacked confidence and fitness has added character to myself and really helps with my esteem.

I began achieving things I thought would never be possible, I've always assumed that you had to be good at sports to be successful especially when I was in school I assumed those at the top of P.E class were just born like that but now I know it's about what you put into it is what you get. Two years later I have five marathons to my name and have lost count of how many times I've ran a half marathon distance or 20 miles for my long runs and have a personal best of 3:42 for the marathon and 1:33 for a half.

I've recently came off an injury, when I was injured I fell into a world of depression I was hitting the bottle every 3-4 days and actually became dependent on alcohol such as having really bad cravings if I hadn't drank for a few days. Now I am getting better and am back to running short distances I thought I would start up a fitness blog to keep me motivated.

I am currently 192 pounds and I am wanting to lose the weight I have put on from alcohol and not working out. My aim is to reach 160 which I feel could be my ideal race weight, the lightest I've been when running was 172 and I had a bit of fat on me still so making 160 and feeling comfortable there shouldn't be a problem, I could possibly even make 150 but I'll see how 160 feels first.

I'll be posting my workouts in here. Today's workouts I've decided to take it easy with it being my first day back.

Today I did a 2 mile run to see where I am at, I got a time of 14:06 which I don't think is too bad for someone that's 192 lbs. Once I lose weight I will be looking at 12 minutes or under if I train hard alongside my weight loss. I am going to do an hours workout later which will be boxercize.

:congrats:wow! what you've achieved in the past 2 years sounds really inspirational! it's motivating me to be more active now. keep up the good work :smile:
Original post by Ross.Lamb

You’ve managed to do it before and I’m sure you will again. Good that you’ve noticed things were going the wrong way and are doing something about it

Quick Reply

Latest