The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Dundee or Stirling

I have offers from Dundee and Stirling for my Masters. I have read mix reviews for both so having a bit of difficulty deciding which uni to choose.
If anyone can help me in anyway it would be appreciated.

What are your reviews about either of them?
In what ways would you say one is better than the other?
And what about the cities themselves? I've never been to Scotland so which city is better living in as a student.
Reply 1
Original post by Shahzar Baig
I have offers from Dundee and Stirling for my Masters. I have read mix reviews for both so having a bit of difficulty deciding which uni to choose.
If anyone can help me in anyway it would be appreciated.

What are your reviews about either of them?
In what ways would you say one is better than the other?
And what about the cities themselves? I've never been to Scotland so which city is better living in as a student.

I guess it would largely depend on the subject. I have offers from these 2 unis as well for Psychology masters. But I would prefer Stirling as the subject ranking is way higher and also the course module includes placement. Dundee does rank high in the overall ranking (but that ranking might be because of some other subject). There are so many factors to consider, like funding, course module, research facilities, graduate prospects, location, etc. Look for your personal requirements while deciding.

So I spoke to the current students and read up online but both the unis (and cities). I would say, Dundee, is a small city and the location is not that great but has a very high student satisfaction. Stirling is a town but it is really well connected to larger cities like Glasgow and Edinburg (these places are less than an hour away). Also not to mention how pretty Stirling is.
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Hi! I noticed you posted this a while ago so you may not need any input anymore but thought I’d reply anyway.

I studied at Stirling (just finished my final year) and I rly enjoyed it. I have never been to Dundee so I am useless there but can share my experience of Stirling.

It definitely depends on your course, however my course at Stirling is not highly regarded in league tables etc but I found the teaching incredible. All teachers were very approachable and always willing to help. The content of the course was probably a bit too simple and I imagine another uni would have taught me more but I still loved the experience.

The campus is gorgeous and so is the town however it is definitely quiet and there is not much of a night life so if that is a priority for you Stirling might not be the place! There are a couple of night clubs but if people are looking for a good night out Edinburgh and Glasgow are close by train.

I have lived on campus and in town and felt very safe both places. Halls can be a bit noisy but I was an undergrad so expected it and it rly wasn’t too bad.

Sorry if you have already made your decision but if not I hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest