The Student Room Group

Parents of vet med applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Mimote
Don’t forget most student halls have very high speed fibre so there won’t be much change. Many of the student rentals do too. EUAPP is going to Bristol so she’ll be fine. My sons at Bristol UWE and has very fast Internet.

Also Bristol can be chilly in the winter. But has a good climate generally.
New offers out for Nottingham and Glasgow this evening, so good luck to everyone who has a DD or DS waiting for a reply.
Hopefully things will start moving now. 🤞
A few rejections today from Notts and Glasgow as well. Hopefully none of your DD's and DS's in the batches.
I’m so not looking forward to all of this next year. It’s so dragged out isn’t it?
Original post by Cgodfrry
I’m so not looking forward to all of this next year. It’s so dragged out isn’t it?

honestly the wait is HORRIBLE.

thankfully i received my offer from surrey 2 days after my interview. other vet schools should take notes from surrey 😂 *cough bristol*
Still in the game for Nottingham. Agree with Alias that Surrey are great to deal with.
Nottingham had my daughter on hold for absolutely ages last year before rejecting her - luckily she already had offers from her top 2 but she just wanted to see the whole picture before submitting her firm and insurance.
It is a horrible process and I really feel for those who don't get an offer from any of their 4 choices.
Absolutely
Original post by aliaa03
honestly the wait is HORRIBLE.

thankfully i received my offer from surrey 2 days after my interview. other vet schools should take notes from surrey 😂 *cough bristol*

Fortunately she’s definitely applying to Surrey 🤞🏻
Hi, just to let you know, RVC are hoping to release some offers in the next couple of weeks. They have made no offers to any of the waiting list so far. So, I suspect, the offers will go to the top of the list, they will reject from the bottom as they know they don’t have spaces, and some will be left until the last few days before the deadline. Hope this helps
Original post by catshouse
Hi, just to let you know, RVC are hoping to release some offers in the next couple of weeks. They have made no offers to any of the waiting list so far. So, I suspect, the offers will go to the top of the list, they will reject from the bottom as they know they don’t have spaces, and some will be left until the last few days before the deadline. Hope this helps

how do you know this if you don’t mind me asking? :smile: have they made a statement?
Original post by aliaa03
how do you know this if you don’t mind me asking? :smile: have they made a statement?

I simply rang and asked! 😀. Just said I was ringing on behalf of a student, which I was, and would like to know if we were waiting for the drop dead date of 20th May or if something is coming out before then. Sometimes they can be vague, I’ve learnt this, but if you get a lovely person on the end of the phone, they usually give you an answer which helps. I specifically asked if anyone from the wait list had been offered and she said no.
(edited 3 years ago)
I simply rang and asked! 😀. Just said I was ringing on behalf of a student, which I was, and would like to know if we were waiting for the drop dead date of 20th May or if something is coming out before then. Sometimes they can be vague, I’ve learnt this, but if you get a lovely person on the end of the phone, they usually give you an answer which helps. I specifically asked if anyone from the wait list had been offered and she said no.

Well done! The staff at Nottingham and Bristol were great as well, but it's just difficult to get hold of them!
Hey! I’m gonna stick my nose in from the other thread as I saw someone asked about what Bristol are planning to do from September... at the offer holder day they said they never plan on going back to ‘normal’ as in students doing all lectures in lecture halls because many have really enjoyed the freedom of online lectures where you can go at your own pace and have complete access to the powerpoints while taking as long as you need for notes etc. They also plan on doing more flip learning where you start to research a topic and then in tutorials and guided learning sessions apply that knowledge with help of your lecturers. I hope that’s helpful to anyone who asked. This approach really suits me and was one of the reasons I firmed but each to their own ☺️
RVC are now contacting people on the wait list as DS has just been rejected. Bristol AGEP it is then!
(edited 3 years ago)
RVC are now contacting people on the wait list as DS has just been rejected. Bristol AGEP it is then!

Sorry to hear it, but I'm sure he'll love Bristol!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Nobody2u
Sorry to hear it, but I'm sure he'll love Bristol!

Thanks, it’s all good. And Bristol seems to be a good place to be and appears to be considerably cheaper!
Thanks, it’s all good. And Bristol seems to be a good place to be and appears to be considerably cheaper!

Look on the bright side!! My DD is number 3 and I'm just praying that the other 2 don't decide they want to do phD's!!
Original post by Nobody2u
Look on the bright side!! My DD is number 3 and I'm just praying that the other 2 don't decide they want to do phD's!!

OMG - fingers crossed for you! I only have the one, and he’s very low maintenance, so it could be a lot worse 🤣

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending