Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Is Newcastle uni a campus or city uni?

Haven’t had chance to visit so thought I’d ask
Original post by J128371
Haven’t had chance to visit so thought I’d ask

It is a city uni, most of the schools are within the centre city limits, Medical School is beside the hospital and Leazes Park, Science/Engineering, Law & Psychology school are near Haymarket metro station.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Yoplaitberry
It is a city uni, most of the schools are within the centre city limits, Medical School is beside the hospital and Leazes Park, Science/Engineering, Law & Psychology school are near Haymarket metro station.

Ugh is it really? I really wanted a campus uni and all the pics I saw online made me think it was lol
Reply 3
Original post by J128371
Ugh is it really? I really wanted a campus uni and all the pics I saw online made me think it was lol

Just look at it on google maps, it's all pretty much in one area of the city.
Reply 4
It's a lovely university and as Sinnoh says, all the buildings are very close together. Newcastle is a compact city centre and the students from different faculties tend to frequent the same coffee shops and bars. The locals are very friendly too!!
Original post by J128371

Ugh to isolated campus universities where you have to get a bus or taxi to go anywhere interesting. Newcastle is fab. The city centre is compact, there are loads of parks and green spaces and the coast is just a metro ride away.
Reply 6
Original post by Nautilus
Ugh to isolated campus universities where you have to get a bus or taxi to go anywhere interesting. Newcastle is fab. The city centre is compact, there are loads of parks and green spaces and the coast is just a metro ride away.

Each to their own I suppose
hi
When i visited it seemed like a campus but right next to the city, it had a fantastic feel to it and I felt I’d be really happy there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending