The Student Room Group

Masters length

I'm heading into a masters course next year but I'm slightly confused on how long it'll last! I'm on a full time one year course starting in September, will this finish in june/july like undergraduates or will it end in september? Any masters out there with some insight!?
Original post by Bluebird2222
I'm heading into a masters course next year but I'm slightly confused on how long it'll last! I'm on a full time one year course starting in September, will this finish in june/july like undergraduates or will it end in september? Any masters out there with some insight!?

It's course specific, you need to ask your department.
They generally end in August, the exact timing in August varies, but usually mid-August.

It would be pretty uncommon for a standalone master's to finish in June, although perhaps the end of July is possible if their spring term usually ends in May, for the simple reason that you would immediately be increasing workload by 50% otherwise.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Bluebird2222

Hi @Bluebird2222

It varies from the degree programme and university as to when you complete the course. I would advise contacting the postgraduate admissions team or course director of the University of the course which you are interested in studying.

For example, I studied a masters in History which was from September to September but I had friends who were studying biological and marine sciences based programmes who completed their studies in early august.

Emily
University of Hull Student Representative

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending