The Student Room Group

So scared of not achieving a 2:1? (Open uni)

Hi guys, I’m back again!

So I have a few questions, if anybody could answer them, that would be fabulous. So I’m currently in my second year of BSc Health Sciences (full-time) with the open uni, with exams around the corner. Despite my best efforts, here is what I’m averaging at:
Human bio (SK299): 75%
Cell bio (S294): 72%
Brain, mind and mental health (SK298): 77%
Project module (SXHL288): 55% (I hate this module. Everything in my opinion, is explained poorly and I know many students that struggle with this module)

So as you can see, I’m convinced SXHL288 is going to drag my other grades down to below a 2:1, particularly as I’m pretty close to that 2:1-2:2 boundary on my other modules. I’m stressed! I’ve tried putting absolutely everything I’ve got into this, honestly! I have even decided to split third year part-time so I can focus more on developing useful revision methods, and trying to stay in that 2:1 boundary.

When I graduate in 2023, I would like to apply for the MSc Physician Associate studies, and have already been in contact with all unis that will accept my degree.

My question is: how much does 2nd year count overall? Is 2nd a 3rd year 50/50? I need a 2:1 overall so badly, and am so worried that I’m not going to achieve it in my third year, particularly as it’s already so close to being under my second. I still have exams and EMAs to submit so that’ll either work (or not) in my favour.

How do I stop stressing about this? 😭

(And pleaseee, no mean comments! I really would like advice) x

Thank you!
Abby.
2nd year is 1/3 and 3rd year is 2/3

There is a calculator you can plug all your modules grades into and play around with what credits you have remaining to see what you need to achieve to get whichever classification:

http://cleveret.net/?page_id=29

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending