The Student Room Group

Derby University Msc Mental health nursing

I'm interested in applying for this. I wanted to know a bit more about the application process. I'm expected to finish my undergraduate degree with a 2.2 in Psychology.
And what exactly is meant by 'service user context'. Ive been working as a personal carer for an elderly woman that has a range of physical and mental disabilities for the past 2 years, would that be okay.
Also the portfolio, what exactly is required in that and how long should it be
Hello,

A service user context is just any context where you are providing care for an individual or individuals and you are employed to do it or volunteering to do it, you will need a reference to prove you’ve done the amount of hours in that context that you need for your course, for example for adult nursing I needed 450 hours working in a service user context. For the adult nursing at derby university the portfolio had two parts, the first was about your experience and the second part was about your knowledge.

First part:

Work experience
Reference regarding your work (you had to have 450 hours of work in a service user context)
Interests/achievements.
A 1000 word report on how your abilities were transferable to the nursing course.

Second part:
I had to write about how the work I had been doing related to 6 of the nursing platforms and then provide a reference saying that I did the things I’d mentioned in my writings.

Sorry it’s super brief, but I hope it helped a little.
Reply 2
Thank you its exactly what i needed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending