The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

edi or bristol??

Ive got an offer from bristol (for politics and IR) , and still waiting on edinburgh (for straight politics), but if i got both which is better??
ive always wanted to go to edi, but this slow replies and lack of communication has really shone a bad light o them so im really questioning it....
type of uni of dreams - good social life and good academic support with ease of finding fun friends, which is better here bristol or edi...
Also, anyone in the same boat here??
I always push this to people considering Edi, but if your family income is low they do a fairly sizeable bursary (~£5,000 last I checked, mine is £7,250 since I got it before they reduced it.)

Anyhow, aside from the replies/communication, the schools themselves are fine. Tbf the administration is a bit iffy when it comes to applications, but that's all.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Bristol has one of the most toxic university cultures, a lot of my friends have formed substance habits and have depression. I would suggest going to Edinburgh if you want a more relaxed experience, whereas Bristol is fun in the first year because everyone is constantly partying but in the second year it gets really old and a bit too much, your mates go from being ambitious and driven to depressed and lost.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Bristol has one of the most toxic university cultures, a lot of my friends have formed substance habits and have depression. I would suggest going to Edinburgh if you want a more relaxed experience, whereas Bristol is fun in the first year because everyone is constantly partying but in the second year it gets really old and a bit too much, your mates go from being ambitious and driven to depressed and lost.

oh...just got rejected from edi so wish me well
Original post by Anonymous
oh...just got rejected from edi so wish me well

Honestly, you'll have a great time. It's a great uni, I guess I just got in the wrong crowds.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending