The Student Room Group

Masters in top-tier Russell Group universities with a high borderline 2.2

Hello everyone,

I am a BSc Economics & Management graduate having studied the University of London external programmes, which are led by the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE). I pursued this degree at an institution in Malaysia.

I graduated with an extremely high borderline 2:2, where I obtained an average mark of 59.6 (0.4 marks away from a 2:1). These marks are calculated by finding the average of the total marks in my second and third year, according to the British undergraduate degree classification. I feel that my grades are supported by the fact that this was a challenging and demanding 100% exam-based degree programme, with examinations set and graded by academics at the LSE and other University of London institutions. To illustrate the difficulty of this degree programme, my grades resulted in me finishing in the top 20% of the cohort of students in my year. I also have strong references that vouch for my abilities as well.

Moreover, I have significant work experience, having pursued 3 internships in highly reputable international firms over the course of my degree, which pertains to the MSc course of my choice (MSc Finance and Management). I am also currently employed at the moment.

I am wondering if I will be able to pursue a Masters degree in top-tier Russell Group universities with a high borderline 2:2 given the nature of my course, along with my internships? Thank you for your time in answering, I greatly appreciate it.
(edited 2 years ago)
You should ask the universities that you are interested in directly whether they have a strict cut off at 2:1 or whether they consider applications from applicants with lower degree classifications.

No one on TSR can answer this. It’s going to be up to each university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending