The Student Room Group

Transcript for postgrad programme?

Hello,

I've literally just finished my third year and wanted to apply for an MSc programme. I'm a bit stuck as you need a transcript to apply but of course I haven't got one yet. I'm not sure how this all works. Do I email my uni asking for a transcript? Can the transcript be provided online?

Cheers :smile:
Reply 1
Hello,

I've literally just finished my third year and wanted to apply for an MSc programme. I'm a bit stuck as you need a transcript to apply but of course I haven't got one yet. I'm not sure how this all works. Do I email my uni asking for a transcript? Can the transcript be provided online?

Original post by kwame88
Hello,

If you are waiting for results of your final year modules (from exams/essays etc), just give the most up to date transcript you can (probably up to 2nd year stuff), if this is an option (hopefully it should be)
Original post by kwame88
Hello,

You should get your degree certificate through the post. The uni you have applied to to do your masters should be okaii with you uploading your transcript once you have obtained your degree :smile:. Kinda like waiting for A level results day all over again haha. Good luck with your studies :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by QuentinM
If you are waiting for results of your final year modules (from exams/essays etc), just give the most up to date transcript you can (probably up to 2nd year stuff), if this is an option (hopefully it should be)

Thanks for the reply. Sorry if this is a silly question but is the transcript just a piece of paper or is there an online version of it? Not sure how to ask my uni lol
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
You should get your degree certificate through the post. The uni you have applied to to do your masters should be okaii with you uploading your transcript once you have obtained your degree :smile:. Kinda like waiting for A level results day all over again haha. Good luck with your studies :smile:

Ahh OK and true like waiting for results day again lol! Cheers :smile:
Original post by kwame88
Hello,

Hi @kwame88

I would also advise contacting your central student support as they may be able to email you a digital version of your transcript so far ahead of the complete transcript once your grades have all been finalised

If not i would advise speaking to one of your academic staff within your department as they will be able to advise you who to contact

Emily
University of Hull Student Representative
Original post by kwame88
Thanks for the reply. Sorry if this is a silly question but is the transcript just a piece of paper or is there an online version of it? Not sure how to ask my uni lol

Going to be specific for your university, at the end of each year I got emailed my results for that year and I could access a transcript online somewhere on my university sign in page
Reply 8
Original post by Uni of Hull Students
Hi @kwame88

I would also advise contacting your central student support as they may be able to email you a digital version of your transcript so far ahead of the complete transcript once your grades have all been finalised

If not i would advise speaking to one of your academic staff within your department as they will be able to advise you who to contact

Emily
University of Hull Student Representative

Thanks for the reply Emily. Yeah that makes sense I'll make sure to email for a digital version. Cheers!
Reply 9
Original post by QuentinM
Going to be specific for your university, at the end of each year I got emailed my results for that year and I could access a transcript online somewhere on my university sign in page

Ah your uni are on the ball. We didn't get anything like that. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending