The Student Room Group

Salford Uni vs Liveprool Uni vs Cov Uni vs Aston Uni vs NTU for Computer Science?

I am not sure as to which University to pick as a firm or insurance. Would any be able to guide me in choosing the university that will provide the better computer science degree course?

So that you can do this accurately, I have provided information below which may be of significant help when providing a recommendation (Thank you):

What do you mean by 'better'?
When I use the term 'better', I am referring to:
the quality of teaching (are the lectures engaging?, do the lecturers use videos/graphics when teaching?).

the number and quality of opportunities available to me (will the uni offer a placement year, and is this with a reputable company?, is this uni partnered with any companies and are they reputable companies?, what do graduates say about their experience?, what opinion do employers have of this uni?)

What experience do you already possess?
I have moderate experience in game development in Unity3D, Scratch and Construct3D. I have little experience in app development in Swift and PWAs or (Progressive web apps).

I have significant experience in web development (personal setting) such as: ReactJS, Firebase database + File storage, Local storage, Vercel hosting, CDN, NPM NPX, UI/UX.

I have experience in python. Within, python, I have experienced web scraping (selenium & beautiful soup). However, I have not used matlib or panda (which I know to be the dominant technologies in the data science area of CompSci.). I have experience in MS excel and access, but not SQL. I do not have experience with ethical hacking or hacking of any kind excluding social engineering.

I am also interested in: AI. Penetration testing. Data analytics. Machine learning.

What type of teaching is most beneficial to you?
I prefer a teacher that inspires thinking and a 'problem-solving' mindset. I prefer a brief explanation of the fundamental concepts and then the freedom to approach a topic in a hands-on manner. I like to share/teach my knowledge to other people and I enjoy presentation activites. A university which encourages a 'problem-solving' mindset and allows for hands-on and independent learning would be most beneficial to me.

Any other information that may be relevant?
I am the type of student who may progress ahead of everyone during the first semester but drops off in the second semester. I have been diagnosed with ADHD by a doctor which may contribute to this. A university with good support services would benefit me.

These are the universities for which I have applied for:
x. The University of Salford.
x. The university of Liverpool.
x. Nottingham Trent University.
x. Coventry University.
x. Aston University.

I believe I have provided the sufficient amount of information necessary to painting an accurate image of me as a student so that you may are more informed when providing recommendation as to which university would best suit an individual such as me. :smile:.

Thank you, in advance.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending