The Student Room Group

How to break in Investment Banking?

Hello everybody,
I have a bachelor's in Applied Mathematics and Econometrics from a college in Ivory Coast (3.7/4.0 GPA). I got accepted today into the University of Montreal (MSc in Computational and Mathematical Finance, starting this Fall) and at the University of Rimouski in their MSc in Project Management.
Lately, I am interested in Investment Banking. I have no work experience related to that field. I read that to get into that industry the best way is to get a Master's degree from top-tier universities.
Should I accept the offer from Montreal, improve my GPA, gained 3+ years of experience, have a Level 2 CFA, then apply for a Master's in Finance at LBS (my dream school) or for an MBA at Stanford.
Or should do an MSc in project management, worked for 3+ years, and apply for a Master's in Finance at LBS to start a career in investment banking?
Is there anyone here that had an MSc in project management and works for an Investment Bank?
Thank you all for your reply.
I'm no expert by any means, but I think one way to "break into investment banking" is to grab a balaclava - maybe a crowbar and monochrome stripy jumper - and go to your nearest investment bank.

You can break in through the glass roof into the CEOs office (they usually do have a glass roof, don't they?). Take their computer, hack into it and take the dollarz.

An excellent means of training could be from the chap named Lester in GTA5. Or watch James Bond, he's normally got a few clever moves that could come in handy. Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending