The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Food and lifestyle

Hello there,
I am joining the kingston uni in this September. I just had a few doubts about canteen facilities and overall food. Who do I get in touch with to clarify these doubts?
Reply 1
Original post by Rutuja K
Hello there,
I am joining the kingston uni in this September. I just had a few doubts about canteen facilities and overall food. Who do I get in touch with to clarify these doubts?

What are your concerns about?
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 2
Original post by Kerzen
What are your concerns about?

Would the university provide food? If yes, is it good?
or will I have to prepare my meals?
Reply 3
Would the university provide food? If yes, is it good?
or will I have to prepare my meals?

I get the impression that the Halls of Residence at Kingston are all self-catering, meaning that you would have to prepare your meals.

https://www.kingston.ac.uk/accommodation/halls-of-residence/

Having said that, there are canteens on the campuses too, so the option of buying a ready made lunch, for instance, is always there.

https://www.kingston.ac.uk/virtual-tour/penrhyn-road/canteen/
Reply 4
The accommodations in Kingston are all self catered so you'd have to cook your own meals. You can get food at the canteen but I don't think you can rely on that for all your meals.
Hello there,

Hello Rutuja,

I am currently studying at Kingston University - the above comments are correct, when you stay in halls, you have to cook your own food and there is a canteen with a large selection of food in almost every campus.

Do you have any specific question regarding this?

Amit - Kingston Uni Rep
Reply 6
Hello,

Thank you so much for your response. That resolved my doubts.
Original post by Kingston University
Hello Rutuja,

I am currently studying at Kingston University - the above comments are correct, when you stay in halls, you have to cook your own food and there is a canteen with a large selection of food in almost every campus.

Do you have any specific question regarding this?

Amit - Kingston Uni Rep

Original post by sal.gg
The accommodations in Kingston are all self catered so you'd have to cook your own meals. You can get food at the canteen but I don't think you can rely on that for all your meals.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending