The Student Room Group

Year 12 mocks and medicine

Hey! Did anyone do badly in year 12 mocks but still applied to medicine? Any success stories?
I got ABD in my mocks and feel very discouraged with the D in chemistry
Most of the medicine courses require chemistry to be in A standard so I am not sure about any success stories. But what I can advise you to do is either get a tutor or somehow bring the D grade up quickly if you can and apply to medicine. Or you can take a gap year and bring your grades up by doing the exam again?
Reply 2
If you work really hard during A2 you can get an AAA overall, if you don't and you still want to do medicine I would recommend resitting those exams that are below an A. Do not do another degree in hopes of doing GEM later as that is much more competitive, costs more and takes longer. The easiest route for getting into medicine is via Undergrad Medicine.

Let me know if you got more questions!
Reply 3
Original post by SyedN
If you work really hard during A2 you can get an AAA overall, if you don't and you still want to do medicine I would recommend resitting those exams that are below an A. Do not do another degree in hopes of doing GEM later as that is much more competitive, costs more and takes longer. The easiest route for getting into medicine is via Undergrad Medicine.

Let me know if you got more questions!

Thank you! I was thinking originally of resitting year 12 to fill all gaps before going into year 13 but then I looked at the universities and some of them reject resits or want A*A*A instead of AAA for example. I will try to fill in any gaps in the summer holiday and maybe get a start on the year 13 content so it will be easier in September.
Thank you
Original post by xxstudent
Thank you! I was thinking originally of resitting year 12 to fill all gaps before going into year 13 but then I looked at the universities and some of them reject resits or want A*A*A instead of AAA for example. I will try to fill in any gaps in the summer holiday and maybe get a start on the year 13 content so it will be easier in September.
Thank you

howd it go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending