The Student Room Group

What happens if I eat chicken ceaser salad everyday

I’m not a fan of eating so what do I eat to lose weight. To be toned actually. Can I also eat rice? Is that going to help?
toning requires exercise.
Chicken Caesar is not a healthy option - high fat in the dressing and parmesan
Will rice help what? What is your goal?
Reply 2
Original post by ReadingMum
toning requires exercise.
Chicken Caesar is not a healthy option - high fat in the dressing and parmesan
Will rice help what? What is your goal?

No you’re right but I am obviously going to exercise 😭😭will rice help with losing weight or is that just as fattening? I’m currently 65 and I want to reach 58!
rice is high carb - if you don't burn those calories they will be stored as fat.
No food is particularly better than any other for weight loss - you just need to burn more calories than you eat.
Veg will fill you up for fewer calories than the same volume of rice or pasta or lean chicken or pretty much anything else you can think of
You'd be living a pretty tasteless life tbh
You'll turn into julius caesar
It's surprising how many people opt for salads and then choose really unhealthy ones, like mayo is so bad, or adding poor quality processed meat. In some cases a burger can be a better option.

If you want to lose weight you need to reduce your calorie intake and try to eat more unprocessed, basic ingredients. Some healthy proteins will help with staying toned and building muscle (fresh chicken breast, fish fillet, tofu etc either plain or add some flavourings like herbs and spices). If you get hungry often try adding more protein to your meals as this keeps you fuller for longer. Carbs will help to give you some energy and can be a part of a well balanced meal (rice, pasta, potatoes), but don't buy a bag of frozen chips, stay away from processed high calorie junk food. Plenty of fruit and veg is good too, full of vitamins, minerals and fibre to keep you healthy.

Don't go overboard with the portions either, even healty foods are bad in excess. Just eating some smaller potions and cutting out junk food and snacks can be a big help in losing weight without having to change your diet up completely. Better to have something you can maintain long term, healthy eating needs to become a habit or you'll just put the weight back on again afterwards.
Reply 7
Original post by tej3141
You'll turn into julius caesar

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
It's surprising how many people opt for salads and then choose really unhealthy ones, like mayo is so bad, or adding poor quality processed meat. In some cases a burger can be a better option.

If you want to lose weight you need to reduce your calorie intake and try to eat more unprocessed, basic ingredients. Some healthy proteins will help with staying toned and building muscle (fresh chicken breast, fish fillet, tofu etc either plain or add some flavourings like herbs and spices). If you get hungry often try adding more protein to your meals as this keeps you fuller for longer. Carbs will help to give you some energy and can be a part of a well balanced meal (rice, pasta, potatoes), but don't buy a bag of frozen chips, stay away from processed high calorie junk food. Plenty of fruit and veg is good too, full of vitamins, minerals and fibre to keep you healthy.

Don't go overboard with the portions either, even healty foods are bad in excess. Just eating some smaller potions and cutting out junk food and snacks can be a big help in losing weight without having to change your diet up completely. Better to have something you can maintain long term, healthy eating needs to become a habit or you'll just put the weight back on again afterwards.

Thank you so much!!!! In case I don’t get enough protein, are protein shakes good enough?
Thank you so much!!!! In case I don’t get enough protein, are protein shakes good enough?

I've used them before whilst doing weight training for an extra protein kick afterwards, they're an easy way to get it if you're struggling to include enough in your diet (i'm vegetarian so found it a useful supplement, although getting enough protein from veg foods alone is possible). Meat is very high in protein already so you may not need them enough to warrant the extra calories but see how you go. Just make sure it's low in sugars, carbs and doesn't contain anything unhealthy.

I would also recommend getting a slow cooker if you can, it's so easy to batch cook healthy tasty meals in those things. Stuff like stews and curries can be great and well balanced with the right ingredients, i made a goulash the other day, just tomatoes, tofu, potatoes, plenty of veg and a variety of spices. I normally get 6-8 portions which can just be put in the fridge or freezer and reheated in the microwave later. Much more interesting than salads too.
I've used them before whilst doing weight training for an extra protein kick afterwards, they're an easy way to get it if you're struggling to include enough in your diet (i'm vegetarian so found it a useful supplement, although getting enough protein from veg foods alone is possible). Meat is very high in protein already so you may not need them enough to warrant the extra calories but see how you go. Just make sure it's low in sugars, carbs and doesn't contain anything unhealthy.

I would also recommend getting a slow cooker if you can, it's so easy to batch cook healthy tasty meals in those things. Stuff like stews and curries can be great and well balanced with the right ingredients, i made a goulash the other day, just tomatoes, tofu, potatoes, plenty of veg and a variety of spices. I normally get 6-8 portions which can just be put in the fridge or freezer and reheated in the microwave later. Much more interesting than salads too.

I used to be a pescatarian but now I’m a pollo-pescatarian so red meat is not in my diet. Tofu?! Is it good? I really haven’t tried it before. Not that it matters but I struggles with an eating disorder for the past 3 years- I still do- but I’m really working on creating a healthy relationship with food but by also losing weight
I used to be a pescatarian but now I’m a pollo-pescatarian so red meat is not in my diet. Tofu?! Is it good? I really haven’t tried it before. Not that it matters but I struggles with an eating disorder for the past 3 years- I still do- but I’m really working on creating a healthy relationship with food but by also losing weight

I think tofu is good, but really depends on how you cook it and how it's flavoured. I think it comes out best when I do it in an air fryer or throw it in a slow cooker. I have steamed it before and whilst I can eat it it very much has that 'tofu' taste but luckily I like it. Pressing the water out beforehand really helps the taste and texture too but sometimes i'm lazy and just don't bother. Other good vegetarian proteins are things like beans, chickpeas and lentils, which again really go well in so many dishes.

And yeah I totally get it can be hard to come out of something like an eating disorder and trying to rebuild a healthy relationship with food. I think going too much into the 'diet' mentality (and constantly eating the same, unfulfilling or boring things) often just isn't maintainable long term, most fail and end up binging. Weight loss can be a slow process and i think it's better to build a habit of regularly cooking healthy meals you like and would just want to eat everyday, and from there with that balanced diet you can just reduce the portion to reduce calories, it's much more sustainable and enjoyable long term. Cutting out processed junk food and unhealthy fats and sugars will likely do a lot of good anyway even without cutting the quantity.

For me putting some effort into the cooking usually makes me more excited to eat and appreciative of my food too. Like it's nice to eat something that you know is good for you that you've put some effort into making being good, and that makes it easier to maintain eating that sort of stuff instead of thinking of your food as a chore. I think it's good to get creative with lots of new dishes that you can get enthused about making and trying. Cooking can be a bit of a case of needing to practice and trial-and-error, you'll end up with a few bad dishes but eventually they'll start coming out better, perhaps try some recipe videos on youtube to see what they're doing.
I think tofu is good, but really depends on how you cook it and how it's flavoured. I think it comes out best when I do it in an air fryer or throw it in a slow cooker. I have steamed it before and whilst I can eat it it very much has that 'tofu' taste but luckily I like it. Pressing the water out beforehand really helps the taste and texture too but sometimes i'm lazy and just don't bother. Other good vegetarian proteins are things like beans, chickpeas and lentils, which again really go well in so many dishes.

And yeah I totally get it can be hard to come out of something like an eating disorder and trying to rebuild a healthy relationship with food. I think going too much into the 'diet' mentality (and constantly eating the same, unfulfilling or boring things) often just isn't maintainable long term, most fail and end up binging. Weight loss can be a slow process and i think it's better to build a habit of regularly cooking healthy meals you like and would just want to eat everyday, and from there with that balanced diet you can just reduce the portion to reduce calories, it's much more sustainable and enjoyable long term. Cutting out processed junk food and unhealthy fats and sugars will likely do a lot of good anyway even without cutting the quantity.

For me putting some effort into the cooking usually makes me more excited to eat and appreciative of my food too. Like it's nice to eat something that you know is good for you that you've put some effort into making being good, and that makes it easier to maintain eating that sort of stuff instead of thinking of your food as a chore. I think it's good to get creative with lots of new dishes that you can get enthused about making and trying. Cooking can be a bit of a case of needing to practice and trial-and-error, you'll end up with a few bad dishes but eventually they'll start coming out better, perhaps try some recipe videos on youtube to see what they're doing.

Thank you!! I get bored of cooking (and eating) all the time. The idea is boring and mentally draining at times. I envy you for having that sort of excitement and love for food and wish to build it it up once again. I agree!! The idea of going on a diet is much more different than thinking you’re changing your diet for the better. It’s a permanent struggle with a temporary solution. It just won’t work. Also!! What type of unhealthy foods do you recommend cutting out? Bread maybe or rice?
Neither rice nor bread - if opting for the brown/wholemeal version - is inherently unhealthy. It is better to focus on what you are eating with them.
If you are trying to move on from an eating disorder then randomly marking some items as bad is not going to help.
Try and come up with an eating plan featuring a wide variety of wholesome ingredients - veg, fruit, wholegrain, lean proteins such as chicken and fish, pulses, plenty of water, some dairy.
Neither rice nor bread - if opting for the brown/wholemeal version - is inherently unhealthy. It is better to focus on what you are eating with them.
If you are trying to move on from an eating disorder then randomly marking some items as bad is not going to help.
Try and come up with an eating plan featuring a wide variety of wholesome ingredients - veg, fruit, wholegrain, lean proteins such as chicken and fish, pulses, plenty of water, some dairy.

So.. I should opt for brown options? But they’re socially considered to be “bad” how can I rid my mind of those thoughts
How is brown bread and rice socially considered bad? What rubbish- they are a more natural, less processed form of the food
How is brown bread and rice socially considered bad? What rubbish- they are a more natural, less processed form of the food

Sorry I mean the white versions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending