The Student Room Group

A family situation isn't adding

lol it doesn't make any sense. a relative have restricted us from coming to their house because we've been outside around people, and they're concerned about covid-19 which is fine. but what doesn't make sense is that SAME relatives decided to party last weekend at our home and there were no concerns about covid? also, to mention that everyone who attended the party, mixes with all sorts of people at work + in town. so???
also.. there's another family event happening but it is this month, and guess what??? No concerns of covid 19, no one has backed out of the event??? It's like the event is still happening regardless of the risk of "covid 19". So I guess this situation is only convenient when it suits people, honestly. cause the same relatives who declined us, are the ones who work with all sorts of ppl yet they be worried of us, when honestly nobody is safe regardless. lol I'm just venting here bc they be annoying and don't really understand it, like the rest of my household do.
Reply 1
It definitely does sound like a weird situation without knowing their reasoning, but I'm sure there are plenty of valid reasons. Does your relative have a history of struggling with germs/hygiene anxiety? I do, and while I'm just starting to get over my anxiety enough to go out and mix with people socially again, and was mixing with people at my volunteering work throughout the lockdowns, my house is still my safe controlled space that I can come home to and keep as clean as I want, because I know exactly what has been touched before cleaning my hands and changing clothes. If I let people come into my house, it takes that safe space away from me and I'd never be able to feel clean enough, and our water bill would not thank me for having to shower that much :colondollar: It's definitely going to be a while before I relearn the coping mechanisms I had pre-pandemic and am able to have people in my house again! (Obviously this may have nothing to do with your relative's reasoning, I just thought it best to give an example of the kind of thing that could cause their decision other than just avoiding people :tongue:)
Reply 2
Original post by Interea
It definitely does sound like a weird situation without knowing their reasoning, but I'm sure there are plenty of valid reasons. Does your relative have a history of struggling with germs/hygiene anxiety? I do, and while I'm just starting to get over my anxiety enough to go out and mix with people socially again, and was mixing with people at my volunteering work throughout the lockdowns, my house is still my safe controlled space that I can come home to and keep as clean as I want, because I know exactly what has been touched before cleaning my hands and changing clothes. If I let people come into my house, it takes that safe space away from me and I'd never be able to feel clean enough, and our water bill would not thank me for having to shower that much :colondollar: It's definitely going to be a while before I relearn the coping mechanisms I had pre-pandemic and am able to have people in my house again! (Obviously this may have nothing to do with your relative's reasoning, I just thought it best to give an example of the kind of thing that could cause their decision other than just avoiding people :tongue:)

defo weird but yeah, there's valid reasons behind if they just state them instead of us just guessing what we think lol. nope they don't even care about hygiene like that and only do when it's convenient. I could understand if it's anxiety but none of that is in place bc we're all socially outgoing so it doesn't make sense either way lol. it's good that you have a routine on safety bc it is important and realistically I wouldn't blame you, better save than sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending