The Student Room Group

uni sep 2021 - is it too late

Hello everyone

I was at uni in September 2020 doing law but I dropped out bc I didn't enjoy it.

I want to go uni for Sep 2021 but haven't applied. What shall I do? What courses are available? I am interested in Universities within Birmingham.

Please help! I have got top grades and am hardworking I just really want a chance to go to uni.
I think you can complete a ucas application and then you should be able to apply through clearing
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hello everyone

I was at uni in September 2020 doing law but I dropped out bc I didn't enjoy it.

I want to go uni for Sep 2021 but haven't applied. What shall I do? What courses are available? I am interested in Universities within Birmingham.

Please help! I have got top grades and am hardworking I just really want a chance to go to uni.

As above, clearing is your option. There will be lots of courses available across all the Birmingham unis though, and going to uni for the sake of going rather than for a specific course isn't really advisable! What sort of course would you be looking for and what grades do you have?
Reply 3
Original post by Interea
As above, clearing is your option. There will be lots of courses available across all the Birmingham unis though, and going to uni for the sake of going rather than for a specific course isn't really advisable! What sort of course would you be looking for and what grades do you have?

No that's not the case. I am interested in health and social care based courses. I have achieved a triple distinction* in health and social care. (Equivalent to 3 alvls at A*'s)
Reply 4
No that's not the case. I am interested in health and social care based courses. I have achieved a triple distinction* in health and social care. (Equivalent to 3 alvls at A*'s)

Ooh those are some good grades, should keep your options open a bit! You can use the clearing search tool https://digital.ucas.com/coursedisplay/results/providers?searchTerm=Health%20and%20Social%20Care&studyYear=2021&destination=Undergraduate&regions=West%20Midlands&vacancy=eng&postcodeDistanceSystem=imperial&pageNumber=1&sort=MostRelevant&clearingPreference=CoursesInClearing to look for courses and narrow by area, I've searched health and social care there but there are probably related courses you could also search for. There may be more options available in clearing on results day (August 10th) too.

Sign up for UCAS and get everything filled in, and then you'll be released into clearing and able to start calling around :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Interea
Ooh those are some good grades, should keep your options open a bit! You can use the clearing search tool https://digital.ucas.com/coursedisplay/results/providers?searchTerm=Health%20and%20Social%20Care&studyYear=2021&destination=Undergraduate&regions=West%20Midlands&vacancy=eng&postcodeDistanceSystem=imperial&pageNumber=1&sort=MostRelevant&clearingPreference=CoursesInClearing to look for courses and narrow by area, I've searched health and social care there but there are probably related courses you could also search for. There may be more options available in clearing on results day (August 10th) too.

Sign up for UCAS and get everything filled in, and then you'll be released into clearing and able to start calling around :smile:

Thank you so much. Also, when you sign up for UCAS do I have to fill in the whole application? How does it work?
Reply 6
Thank you so much. Also, when you sign up for UCAS do I have to fill in the whole application? How does it work?

I think so, although you can't add any choices until after your application is complete (through clearing you add one choice at a time, and don't add any choices until you've spoken to the university and received a verbal offer). I'm not that knowledgeable on clearing though, so hopefully someone else can give more accurate/useful advice :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Interea
I think so, although you can't add any choices until after your application is complete (through clearing you add one choice at a time, and don't add any choices until you've spoken to the university and received a verbal offer). I'm not that knowledgeable on clearing though, so hopefully someone else can give more accurate/useful advice :smile:

thank you so much for your advice, i really appreciate it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending