The Student Room Group

The 2021-2022 epl season banter(with niz)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the_pharaoh
Before this progresses Liverpool are winning the league confirmed

No I don't see it. I think teams have wised up to Liverpool'S style of play. Liverpool will be third maybe fourth.
Original post by Kentinho99
I think this season I'm going to be supporting the villa. Great club great manager. I am hoping for top 10 maybe a strong 7/8 position. Hope grealish doesn't go. But if he does go we still have other great players. El ghazi, traore, trezaguet. I think Chelsea will be top 2 with man United this season. Up the villa.

i grealish hes a great player but i think hes going to city but you bought that guy from norwich though
Original post by Vic Vinegar
I support Newcastle. We haven't signed anyone yet so I guess it's another season battling relegation!

yeh lots of teams seem to not buy anyone we(southampton) have only got 1 player:frown:

good luck newcastle
Don't give up hope just yet. I agree Bruce isn't great if you get rid of him bring in I think wilder or bilic and you'll be a top side. You have a great squad it just needs to be utilised properly plus fans being back will be huge for clubs like Newcastle, villa and Norwich.

Yeah, apparently he's about to get a new three year deal though! You're right, we've actually got a good squad - I think we need a few extra bodies in (Willock, Tuanzebe and Lookman would be ideal, but not likely) for a bit of extra depth.

The fans definitely make a difference! I hope it encourages us to attack teams a bit more rather than just sitting back :boring:
Original post by Wise Goldie
i grealish hes a great player but i think hes going to city but you bought that guy from norwich though

yeh lots of teams seem to not buy anyone we(southampton) have only got 1 player:frown:

good luck newcastle

Yeah Buendia and its great for us. Hope he can compete well for us this season. With Newcastle they have the quality it's just getting the fullest potential out of them and the roar of the St James's Park this season will spur them on massively. As for the saints. Again a quality side and can go toe to toe against the likes of united and city. Just hopefully Ralph can keep it up throughout the season. Norwich may struggle this year with the loss of Buendia and rumours are on about cantwell and arrons leaving.
Yeah, apparently he's about to get a new three year deal though! You're right, we've actually got a good squad - I think we need a few extra bodies in (Willock, Tuanzebe and Lookman would be ideal, but not likely) for a bit of extra depth.

The fans definitely make a difference! I hope it encourages us to attack teams a bit more rather than just sitting back :boring:

Yeah I get what you mean. Willock was sensational for you and I think he spurred on the other players. Saint maximin is superb on his day but a bit too greedy. In my opinion. I think with Newcastle you need to cut in from the wing more. Don't just play down the wing. Although a lot of teams villa included cross the ball in to the box when we don't have anyone to attack it. A bit of creativity with corners wouldn't go a miss either.
Yeah Buendia and its great for us. Hope he can compete well for us this season. With Newcastle they have the quality it's just getting the fullest potential out of them and the roar of the St James's Park this season will spur them on massively. As for the saints. Again a quality side and can go toe to toe against the likes of united and city. Just hopefully Ralph can keep it up throughout the season. Norwich may struggle this year with the loss of Buendia and rumours are on about cantwell and arrons leaving.

you know alot your welcome on this forum also @Vic Vinegar
you know alot your welcome on this forum also @Vic Vinegar

Ah thanks yeah I love my football
Yeah I get what you mean. Willock was sensational for you and I think he spurred on the other players. Saint maximin is superb on his day but a bit too greedy. In my opinion. I think with Newcastle you need to cut in from the wing more. Don't just play down the wing. Although a lot of teams villa included cross the ball in to the box when we don't have anyone to attack it. A bit of creativity with corners wouldn't go a miss either.

I think why Willock worked was because he's more of a box-to-box midfielder and was willing to get into attacking positions, which meant we had more bodies going forward.

Our other centre mids don't really offer the same attacking presence which meant we were just over reliant on the individual talent of Wilson and Saint-Maximin before he joined
I think why Willock worked was because he's more of a box-to-box midfielder and was willing to get into attacking positions, which meant we had more bodies going forward.

Our other centre mids don't really offer the same attacking presence which meant we were just over reliant on the individual talent of Wilson and Saint-Maximin before he joined

maximin is really good on form

Yeah I totally understand what you mean i mean shelvey offers a creative spark and yeah Saint-Maximin offers the directness you need. What happened to Almiron. Did you sell him or is he injured or something because he was fantastic at a time. Joelinton needs to be more precise and I think need to take more opportunities.

Like at villa because Grealish is on his way. El Ghazi and Traore need to offer the creativity that Grealish offers. Although traore was injured. Watkins is great for us a bit like Wilson for you. I think both teams just need to take opportunities and put them into the net. It's amazing how many teams have glorious opportunities but never finish them off.
hi i'm lizzie n im a huge liverpool fan.
No I don't see it. I think teams have wised up to Liverpool'S style of play. Liverpool will be third maybe fourth.

cross and inshallah
ok tell me who you support first and your seasons hopes for your team

this is where im gonna be this season so you can come say what you like and banter other teams lol

my team is Southampton(yeh i know we are bad):frown:

also @BadBComeToTheNiz is a man utd fan
@the_pharaoh is a liverpool fan

anymore football fans?

I'm a Chelsea fan.

Hear you guys are buying Livermento off us, he is amazing please treat him right!
Original post by savemeplease
hi i'm lizzie n im a huge liverpool fan.

They'll finish 3rd this season. In my opinion.
Original post by Evil Homer
I'm a Chelsea fan.

Hear you guys are buying Livermento off us, he is amazing please treat him right!

Chelsea are the favourites to win this season in my opinion great fluidity great balance. Good opportunity to win the league.
Yeah I totally understand what you mean i mean shelvey offers a creative spark and yeah Saint-Maximin offers the directness you need. What happened to Almiron. Did you sell him or is he injured or something because he was fantastic at a time. Joelinton needs to be more precise and I think need to take more opportunities.

Almiron's a real livewire! He struggled a bit with injuries last year so I'm hoping our front three will all be able to stay fit this season, we rely on them too much.

I'm convinced this is Joelinton's time to shine. He'll be playing out on the flank rather than the middle and his confidence seems to be growing after a tough start.
I'm a Chelsea fan.

You signing Halaand?
Almiron's a real livewire! He struggled a bit with injuries last year so I'm hoping our front three will all be able to stay fit this season, we rely on them too much.

I'm convinced this is Joelinton's time to shine. He'll be playing out on the flank rather than the middle and his confidence seems to be growing after a tough start.

Yeah hopefully because I know I support villa but it annoyed me when they just used to cross it in looking for Carroll. They need some fluidity well more fluidity on the ground not on the floor. Almiron needs more game time. He, Joelinton and Wilson if fit will be great. Who's your holding players shelvey is one isn't it?
I'm a Chelsea fan.

yeh i read that what sorta player is he?

Quick Reply

Latest