The Student Room Group

The 2021-2022 epl season banter(with niz)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kentinho99
Yeah hopefully because I know I support villa but it annoyed me when they just used to cross it in looking for Carroll. They need some fluidity well more fluidity on the ground not on the floor. Almiron needs more game time. He, Joelinton and Wilson if fit will be great. Who's your holding players shelvey is one isn't it?

You should be feeling pretty optimistic as a Villa fan to be honest, even if Grealish does leave. Always seem to do solid business (Buendia, Bailey and potentially Cantwell) are exciting additions to an already promising attack. Obviously Grealish would be a big loss, but if that money can be reinvested wisely then it should work out in the long term.

Our midfield is generally quite inconsistent, one of the areas we need to strengthen. Isaac Hayden (who I rate) is a mainstay but the midfield seems to change every week, with Sean Longstaff the other main option alongside Jeff Hendrick.
Original post by Vic Vinegar
You should be feeling pretty optimistic as a Villa fan to be honest, even if Grealish does leave. Always seem to do solid business (Buendia, Bailey and potentially Cantwell) are exciting additions to an already promising attack. Obviously Grealish would be a big loss, but if that money can be reinvested wisely then it should work out in the long term.

Our midfield is generally quite inconsistent, one of the areas we need to strengthen. Isaac Hayden (who I rate) is a mainstay but the midfield seems to change every week, with Sean Longstaff the other main option alongside Jeff Hendrick.

Yeah cheers im looking forward to Buendia and Bailey playing alongside each other. That's if we get Bailey hopefully. He was a beast in the bundesliga for Leverkusen. Cantwell would also be a super signing. We have Watkins who is sublime. Again Mcginn is a valuable asset to us.

Yeah I mean Hayden is great. Hendrick was good at Burnley but I don't rate him at Newcastle now longstaff is good. I think you need another holding player like a kante someone who can change it up.

What I hate is like when teams just score one goal and rest on their laurels because one goal doesn't just win a match I mean it might. But when like villa or Newcastle go up against Chelsea or Manchester United yes their fitness levels may be stronger but why not attack them from the start nick a couple of goals then build a solid defence. It annoys me they just go and have every player parked behind the ball inviting pressure.
Original post by Wise Goldie
yeh i read that what sorta player is he?

Great attacking fullback/wingback. I'd be surprised if he isn't first team before the end of the year.
Original post by Kentinho99
Yeah cheers im looking forward to Buendia and Bailey playing alongside each other. That's if we get Bailey hopefully. He was a beast in the bundesliga for Leverkusen. Cantwell would also be a super signing. We have Watkins who is sublime. Again Mcginn is a valuable asset to us.

Yeah I mean Hayden is great. Hendrick was good at Burnley but I don't rate him at Newcastle now longstaff is good. I think you need another holding player like a kante someone who can change it up.

What I hate is like when teams just score one goal and rest on their laurels because one goal doesn't just win a match I mean it might. But when like villa or Newcastle go up against Chelsea or Manchester United yes their fitness levels may be stronger but why not attack them from the start nick a couple of goals then build a solid defence. It annoys me they just go and have every player parked behind the ball inviting pressure.

Yeah you'll have a team of exciting, young talent playing attacking football! Watkins is class, I back him to score a lot more this year - he missed a lot of chances last year but he can only improve.

We definitely lack a midfield presence like that, I think it's something that Bruce is targeting.

Yeah that is actually so annoying, it just invites pressure to the point where you inevitably just concede. I never understood why managers do that, surely it makes more sense to try and finish the game off while you've got the upper hand?
Original post by Vic Vinegar
Yeah you'll have a team of exciting, young talent playing attacking football! Watkins is class, I back him to score a lot more this year - he missed a lot of chances last year but he can only improve.

We definitely lack a midfield presence like that, I think it's something that Bruce is targeting.

Yeah that is actually so annoying, it just invites pressure to the point where you inevitably just concede. I never understood why managers do that, surely it makes more sense to try and finish the game off while you've got the upper hand?

Thanks and yeah that's good hopefully you can get a midfield presence. Maybe also you need a centre forward aswell Wilson is great up front and I mean you could say Joelinton up as a target but like you said you want him playing on the wings more. We need I think we need a holding midfielder. Buendia is more of an attacking midfielder so if we have like a holding mid then it should be good. See that's what Grealish bought to the squad. He could change it up. Ah well it's about the chances you take as well as defence. Good luck for the new season.
Original post by Evil Homer
Great attacking fullback/wingback. I'd be surprised if he isn't first team before the end of the year.

we not had a good one since luke shaw so im happy
thoughts on these signings

ben white to arsenal 50m
jack ghrealish to city 100m
danny ings to villa 25m
my community shield prediction

man city 2-1 Leicester
@BadBComeToTheNiz how you feeling about new season now?
(edited 2 years ago)
ok tell me who you support first and your seasons hopes for your team

this is where im gonna be this season so you can come say what you like and banter other teams lol

my team is Southampton(yeh i know we are bad):frown:

also @BadBComeToTheNiz is a man utd fan
@the_pharaoh is a liverpool fan

anymore football fans?

Leicester fan, this is the year we finally crack the top 4, think it's between us and United for 4th spot however I'll be very very happy with another top 6 finish and deep cup/europa runs
Original post by varunkamoji
Leicester fan, this is the year we finally crack the top 4, think it's between us and United for 4th spot however I'll be very very happy with another top 6 finish and deep cup/europa runs

its shame your defender got injured otherwise maybe you would have
(edited 2 years ago)
We're getting Vestergaard as a replacement and Evans should be for post international break so we should be fine
We're getting Vestergaard as a replacement and Evans should be for post international break so we should be fine

im a southampton fan and i will tell you vestergaard will be crap for you hes slower than(i can think of something slow lol):biggrin:

i would get tarkowski from burnley
I can tell you one thing for sure is that he's better than Amartey and plus Soyuncu and Ricardo have pace at the back so that shouldn't be too much of an issue. Plus £15m for a PL CB is a bargain imo
I can tell you one thing for sure is that he's better than Amartey and plus Soyuncu and Ricardo have pace at the back so that shouldn't be too much of an issue. Plus £15m for a PL CB is a bargain imo

im happy with 45m for both him and ings and we signed armstrong from blackburn for 15m who i think could be like watkins was for villa and we signed broja on loan from Chelsea who is supposed to be good

i think leicester will do pretty good but worry you have bertrand and vestergard at the back:biggrin:
Ngl I'm slightly concerned for you that's 3 good quality first teamers you've just allowed to walk out, if you sell jwp this window it could be a v tough szn
im happy with 45m for both him and ings and we signed armstrong from blackburn for 15m who i think could be like watkins was for villa and we signed broja on loan from Chelsea who is supposed to be good

i think leicester will do pretty good but worry you have bertrand and vestergard at the back:biggrin:

You’re going down kid, sold the core of your squad, I’ve heard James Ward Prowse is heading to Leicester to replace Harry Winks. He has no reason to stay now you’ve sold your best players.

Your two goalkeepers can’t tie their own shoelaces. Sorry mate but that’s the truth.

I hope you stay up though as Southampton are a nice club.

You’ll be lucky to get top 6, way too optimistic! Arsenal and Tottenham are a lot stronger, plus Arsenal have no European football.

Leicester have an ageing Jamie Vardy and Madisson hasn’t got his head screwed on.
Original post by Driving_Mad
You’re going down kid, sold the core of your squad, I’ve heard James Ward Prowse is heading to Leicester to replace Harry Winks. He has no reason to stay now you’ve sold your best players.

Your two goalkeepers can’t tie their own shoelaces. Sorry mate but that’s the truth.

I hope you stay up though as Southampton are a nice club.

You’ll be lucky to get top 6, way too optimistic! Arsenal and Tottenham are a lot stronger, plus Arsenal have no European football.

Leicester have an ageing Jamie Vardy and Madisson hasn’t got his head screwed on.

nay norwich,brentford and watford are worse prob burnley too

also we still got 2-3 players to come also winks does not play for Leicester
nay norwich,brentford and watford are worse prob burnley too

also we still got 2-3 players to come also winks does not play for Leicester

Winks is leaving Tottenham so JWP will be replacing him, sorry I meant to say Tottenham not Leicester in that message.

Watford have a lot of experience, Norwich have a good manager and a proven goal scorer, unlike Southampton.

You can’t say Burnley are worse than Southampton when they have a settled squad with one of the best managers in the League in Sean Dyche.

Southampton are just inconsistent buddy, one week they play well the next week they don’t. They might not get relegated but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did.
Original post by Driving_Mad
Winks is leaving Tottenham so JWP will be replacing him, sorry I meant to say Tottenham not Leicester in that message.

Watford have a lot of experience, Norwich have a good manager and a proven goal scorer, unlike Southampton.

You can’t say Burnley are worse than Southampton when they have a settled squad with one of the best managers in the League in Sean Dyche.

Southampton are just inconsistent buddy, one week they play well the next week they don’t. They might not get relegated but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did.

pukki wont score goals he will flop like last time and watford dont look up to much i wont lie i think maybe 15 th for us cos i think Armstrong will get maybe 12-14 goals

i born in burnley and i have family there and i tell you there are a ageing team and dyche is thinking og quitting cos the American owners that just bought them are trying to sign players behind his back

also tarkowsi has 1 year left on contract and is trying to force a move all is not well there but i think they stay up

watford,norwich and brentford to me also newcastle too are in trouble

who you support?
pukki wont score goals he will flop like last time and watford dont look up to much i wont lie i think maybe 15 th for us cos i think Armstrong will get maybe 12-14 goals

i born in burnley and i have family there and i tell you there are a ageing team and dyche is thinking og quitting cos the American owners that just bought them are trying to sign players behind his back

also tarkowsi has 1 year left on contract and is trying to force a move all is not well there but i think they stay up

watford,norwich and brentford to me also newcastle too are in trouble

who you support?

Pukki got 11 goals and 3 assists when Norwich got relegated in a team that only scored 26 goals, so he contributed to more than 50% of their goals, yet he flopped?

I agree that Burnley have an ageing team but their play style suits that. Chris Wood guaranteed 10-15 goals up top and Dwight McNeil has the star quality.

Again I agree Newcastle will be in contention, but they have a goal scorer in Callum Wilson, they have Joe Willock, they have a player in Saint-Maximin who is good enough to play anywhere.

Southampton are better than Norwich, Watford and Brentford I agree with you, but they can’t manage a game. Look at your signifies, you have brought in those two kids from Chelsea for example, that isn’t the quality that will help you stay up.

Towards the end of last season your form was dreadful, I’ll say it here now that Hassenhutl will be the first manager to get sacked.

I support Liverpool, I think we will finish 2nd or 3rd if Man City buy Kane, we won’t be able to compete with Chelsea or Man City but we have more quality than Man United. I’m hoping we can do something big in the Champions League…

Quick Reply

Latest