The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Entry requirements for univeristy (GCSE's)

I am planning on applying to Cardiff University for 2022 and my course is currently required to have either ABB/BBB Which I am predicted above currently. However the GCSE requirements for the course which is Economics and Politics is required to have a Grade 6/B but I have a 5. In the extra part of the course it says It does accept an English taught A-level that is a C or higher instead but my question is Why would they ask for a 6 in the first place if they are going to accept an A-level of a C with course Requirements of a ABB-BBB? And I'm just making sure that this is right.
(edited 2 years ago)
There’s 2 things here - the A level entry requirements are one set of requirements. Applicants need to meet those AND the English gcse (or A level equivalent) requirements. A B grade at A level is above a C and would meet the requirements- as would BBBC from 4 A levels (with a C in English).
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
There’s 2 things here - the A level entry requirements are one set of requirements. Applicants need to meet those AND the English gcse (or A level equivalent) requirements. A B grade at A level is above a C and would meet the requirements- as would BBBC from 4 A levels (with a C in English).

So for my A-levels Im taking Politics,History and Economics. The course is required I get ABB or BBB, Since I did not get a grade 6 at English GCSE (I got a 5) Would I still be accepted? because they accept A-levels taught in English?
Original post by Ndexter456
So for my A-levels Im taking Politics,History and Economics. The course is required I get ABB or BBB, Since I did not get a grade 6 at English GCSE (I got a 5) Would I still be accepted? because they accept A-levels taught in English?

You need to check with them directly.
It’s likely that they will recommend that you retake your English GCSE

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending