The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

2022 Bangor University Official Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Benjimenn16
Bangor is my number one uni and I applied last year but deferred to travel which was the best choice ever may I add.I've got my place on the psychology with clinical and health psychology so its nice to see another psychology person on here!!

yayy!!! i got my offer for law with psychology 2 days ago!! im very happy with this

where did you travel to?
(edited 2 years ago)
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Original post by Benjimenn16
Bangor is my number one uni and I applied last year but deferred to travel which was the best choice ever may I add.I've got my place on the psychology with clinical and health psychology so its nice to see another psychology person on here!!

I am so happy for you Benjimenn. It is my top place as well but for zoology instead!
Reply 22
Original post by Bangor Uni
Hi there! This is the OFFICIAL thread for Bangor University 2022 Applicants. We can't wait to meet you all but in the mean time why don't we all get to know each other a little :smile:

Here are some things you can tell us about to help get you started;
- What course are you applying for?
- How are you feeling about starting uni?
- What are you most excited for?

Hi, i’m Lea and i’m applying to Bangor for Zoology with Animal Behaviour as I am really interested in this course of study. Im super excited to start university as it will give me a sense of freedom and independence. I have met a couple people online (some in this chat) and we have a whatsapp group together, so im super excited to have familiar people around when i join. After seeing virtual tours and you tube videos of bangor, i have fallen in love with it, and being the Harry Potter nerd I am, it reminds me of hogwarts. I also love that it is not a large crazy uni as i am more of an indoor netflix/movie person. Im so excited to join clubs and meet new people at bangor!
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi there! This is the OFFICIAL thread for Bangor University 2022 Applicants. We can't wait to meet you all but in the mean time why don't we all get to know each other a little :smile:

Here are some things you can tell us about to help get you started;
- What course are you applying for?
- How are you feeling about starting uni?
- What are you most excited for?

Hi! I'm Jamie and I've just gotten my offer for all the forestry courses I applied to at Bangor, very happy today because of this! I feel quite excited to move away and be living in such a beautiful place in the country as well as such a prestigious university for the courses I picked. Really looking forward to all the community projects, societies and volunteering that are offered in Bangor!
Original post by Jamie.1212
Hi! I'm Jamie and I've just gotten my offer for all the forestry courses I applied to at Bangor, very happy today because of this! I feel quite excited to move away and be living in such a beautiful place in the country as well as such a prestigious university for the courses I picked. Really looking forward to all the community projects, societies and volunteering that are offered in Bangor!

Hi Jamie,
That's fantastic news! We look forward to welcoming you to Bangor :smile:
If you have any questions in the mean time just let me know :smile:
Anna
Hello everyone! My name is Dave and I am in my early 30's and fancied a career change! So I've applied and got an offer for "English language for TEFL" at Bangor University, which I am very excited about. Pretty sure Bangor will be my first choice (just waiting for an offer holder day so I can visit). I got the offer about a week ago but haven't heard anything since, apologies if I'm over worrying but will there be offer holder days? If so where can I find them? Or should I wait for an email invite. Nice to be here and nice to meet you all 😊. Thanks
Original post by Daavee90
Hello everyone! My name is Dave and I am in my early 30's and fancied a career change! So I've applied and got an offer for "English language for TEFL" at Bangor University, which I am very excited about. Pretty sure Bangor will be my first choice (just waiting for an offer holder day so I can visit). I got the offer about a week ago but haven't heard anything since, apologies if I'm over worrying but will there be offer holder days? If so where can I find them? Or should I wait for an email invite. Nice to be here and nice to meet you all 😊. Thanks

Nice to meet you Dave!! There are offer holder days. I got my notification for them maybe 2 months after I applied so don’t worry. There’ll be an email but the Bangor rep will likely tell you more in a bit! I’ve an offer for Linguistics :smile:
Original post by ahws2022
Nice to meet you Dave!! There are offer holder days. I got my notification for them maybe 2 months after I applied so don’t worry. There’ll be an email but the Bangor rep will likely tell you more in a bit! I’ve an offer for Linguistics :smile:

Hey 🙂. Thank you for the reply! That's reassuring thanks so much, I'll sit tight for now! Congratulations on your offer.
Hey 🙂. Thank you for the reply! That's reassuring thanks so much, I'll sit tight for now! Congratulations on your offer.

Actually I’ve found the link (https://www.bangor.ac.uk/applied/offerholderday)
No worries! Thank you :smile:
Good luck with everything!
Actually I’ve found the link (https://www.bangor.ac.uk/applied/offerholderday)
No worries! Thank you :smile:
Good luck with everything!

Ahh thanks so much! I've gone through literally every page/link on the website and couldn't find that (still can't unless I follow your link haha). Very helpful though thanks, I'll get one booked in!
Ahh thanks so much! I've gone through literally every page/link on the website and couldn't find that (still can't unless I follow your link haha). Very helpful though thanks, I'll get one booked in!

No problem! I hope you enjoy it :smile:
No problem! I hope you enjoy it :smile:

Sorry just one final thing, did you get that link from an email sent to you? It's puzzling me why I can't find it myself haha

Hi Dave,

Oh that's fantastic news! Congratulations :smile:
Yes we definitely have Offer Holder Days coming up, and I'm sure after visiting Bangor you will make it a firm choice.
I'm checking with the team now to see if an email is on it's way to you with information on how to register, I'll get back to you when I hear something :smile: No need for you to worry, there are no deadlines for when you need to register by.

In the meantime, can I help with anything else at all?
Anna
(edited 2 years ago)

Hi again,

Yes an email should be on the way to you so sit tight for now :smile: If you want me to double check, can you send me a PM?

Anna
Hi again,

Yes an email should be on the way to you so sit tight for now :smile: If you want me to double check, can you send me a PM?

Anna

Hi Anna, that's great thanks, very reassuring! Unfortunately as I am new to TSR it won't let me send a PM yet haha
Sorry just one final thing, did you get that link from an email sent to you? It's puzzling me why I can't find it myself haha

Yeh I did😂
Hi all, I just wanted to ask a quick question as I sent off my application for zoology at Bangor on the UCAS deadline, however I have not received a welcome email or any acknowledgement from Bangor yet, and just wanted to know if this was normal or not? I have received welcome emails from all of my other choices, hence the question.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi all, I just wanted to ask a quick question as I sent off my application for zoology at Bangor on the UCAS deadline, however I have not received a welcome email or any acknowledgement from Bangor yet, and just wanted to know if this was normal or not? I have received welcome emails from all of my other choices, hence the question.

Yeh I didn’t get mine for maybe a week, I think a few of my friends were the same. I wouldn’t worry too much, they’ll get back to you soon!
Original post by Anonymous

Morning! Personally I didn't receive a welcome email or acknowledgement but few days later I did receive an offer though! So I wouldn't worry too much 🙂
Yeh I didn’t get mine for maybe a week, I think a few of my friends were the same. I wouldn’t worry too much, they’ll get back to you soon!

Morning! Personally I didn't receive a welcome email or acknowledgement but few days later I did receive an offer though! So I wouldn't worry too much 🙂

Thank you so much for the replies, it definitely puts my mind at ease :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest