Original post by Anonymous
Thank you so much for the replies, it definitely puts my mind at ease :smile:

No worries!! Good luck and let us know how it goes :smile:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by Maisielytical
Just got my offer to study Zoology with Primatology at Bangor and I am chuffed 🙈

I’m putting Bangor as my first choice for Zoology and cant wait. Haven't went to an open day yet but the university seems great and hopefully we’ll all settle in well and get used to uni life!
Original post by a_ggg7
I’m putting Bangor as my first choice for Zoology and cant wait. Haven't went to an open day yet but the university seems great and hopefully we’ll all settle in well and get used to uni life!

I went in Feb and it was great! You will love it!
i applied to midwifery and completed all the tests and interview in january and havent heard back yet?? do you know when i might hear back as bangor will definitely be my first choice! :smile:
sorry to send in another question:s-smilie: but in the interviews we were al made aware that the midwifery course 2022 will be doing two intakes, one in sept and one in jan. i was just wondering if anyone knew if this meant double the amount of acceptances or the same amount as normal just split in half?? if that makes any sense! :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by millieantoinette
sorry to send in another question:s-smilie: but in the interviews we were al made aware that the midwifery course 2022 will be doing two intakes, one in sept and one in jan. i was just wondering if anyone knew if this meant double the amount of acceptances or the same amount as normal just split in half?? if that makes any sense! :smile:

I'm prity sure that it was the same amount split In half. I thought the same thing but they are only given a certain amount of places that they can accept each year. 😊
Original post by hopemid
I'm prity sure that it was the same amount split In half. I thought the same thing but they are only given a certain amount of places that they can accept each year. 😊

thank you so much, i completely understand that they can only take on a certain amount due to placements etc but i was hoping they’d take on more so we all have a bigger chance of being accepted :rolleyes:

Hi @millieantoinette,

It's not necessarily half or double the intake. Nursing and Midwifery courses are all about placements and how many placements the health board can offer at that time. As some of the teaching is done by practicing professionals and in a clinical environment there are limits on the amount of places that can be offered. Places vary year on year so it's difficult to say how many places are available but as you mentioned there are two intakes which allows us to also take on students in January as well as September. Best of luck with getting a place, students usually start to hear back in April so I'm sure it won't be too long now before they respond to you :smile:

Rhian
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 48
thank you so much, i completely understand that they can only take on a certain amount due to placements etc but i was hoping they’d take on more so we all have a bigger chance of being accepted :rolleyes:

Haha yeah I got exited too 😂
Original post by Bangor Uni
Hi @millieantoinette,

It's not necessarily half or double the intake. Nursing and Midwifery courses are all about placements and how many placements the health board can offer at that time. As some of the teaching is done by practicing professionals and in a clinical environment there are limits on the amount of places that can be offered. Places vary year on year so it's difficult to say how many places are available but as you mentioned there are two intakes which allows us to also take on students in January as well as September. Best of luck with getting a place, students usually start to hear back in April so I'm sure it won't be too long now before they respond to you :smile:

Rhian

thank you so much i really appreciate it :smile:
Hi 👋🏼 I’m Lorraine and have got an offer for radiography at Bangor! I’m from Northern Ireland and I’m so excited to move to Wales! I really want to meet people also studying radiography !
I'll be going for Masters in Data science at Bangor. Anyone can tell me is it a good course in this uni?
i have got a place at bangor, firmed it and also booked accommodation. i was just wondering then what happens about being put in a group chat with the students you’ll be living with/on a course with? as i’m aware some universities do this and i think it would be a great chance to get to know people before september:smile:
i have got a place at bangor, firmed it and also booked accommodation. i was just wondering then what happens about being put in a group chat with the students you’ll be living with/on a course with? as i’m aware some universities do this and i think it would be a great chance to get to know people before september:smile:

Hi @millieantoinette

Great to hear you'll be coming to Bangor, if you have any questions before September feel free to ask away :smile:

With regards to finding people you will be living with, this is a great start, hopefully people will reach out to you on here. I know Facebook groups are also created and you can always email [email protected] to find out more.

Sera :smile:
Hi there! This is the OFFICIAL thread for Bangor University 2022 Applicants. We can't wait to meet you all but in the mean time why don't we all get to know each other a little :smile:

Here are some things you can tell us about to help get you started;
- What course are you applying for?
- How are you feeling about starting uni?
- What are you most excited for?

Hi! My name is Omowunmi , I’m applying for international business ..I sent of my UCAS Application June and I still haven’t gotten a feedback .I’m really looking forward studying at Bangor University
Bangor
Original post by Omar2416
Hi! My name is Omowunmi , I’m applying for international business ..I sent of my UCAS Application June and I still haven’t gotten a feedback .I’m really looking forward studying at Bangor University
Bangor

Hi there,

Are you applying for 2022 entry? You can contact [email protected] to see where your application is at.

Anna
Hello Bangor University applicants!

Just wanted to check in and see how you’re feeling about results day coming up? Hope you’re all doing ok - do you have any questions at all that the community could help you with?

I also wanted to point you in the direction of some of TSR’s resources that you might find helpful over the next few weeks.

If you have any questions about Ucas and results day you can ask our trained Clearing and Application Advisors here.

If you find you need it, or just want to get prepared for all eventualities, you can find clearing information and support here.

Remember your official rep @Bangor Uni is here to help you along the way as well.

Good luck!

Spoiler

Original post by Mythical Pingu
Hello Bangor University applicants!

Just wanted to check in and see how you’re feeling about results day coming up? Hope you’re all doing ok - do you have any questions at all that the community could help you with?

I also wanted to point you in the direction of some of TSR’s resources that you might find helpful over the next few weeks.

If you have any questions about Ucas and results day you can ask our trained Clearing and Application Advisors here.

If you find you need it, or just want to get prepared for all eventualities, you can find clearing information and support here.

Remember your official rep @Bangor Uni is here to help you along the way as well.

Good luck!

Spoiler

Thanks @Mythical Pingu :smile:

Yes, remember we are also here to help with any questions or queries, all the best guys :smile:

Sera
Hi there! This is the OFFICIAL thread for Bangor University 2022 Applicants. We can't wait to meet you all but in the mean time why don't we all get to know each other a little :smile:

Here are some things you can tell us about to help get you started;
- What course are you applying for?
- How are you feeling about starting uni?
- What are you most excited for?

I applied for Business Management
I can't wait to be one your product, please what is the time frame of getting response from the universe as regards my unconditional offer
Original post by Maisielytical
Hi! My name is Maisie and I am applying to Zoology with Primatology. I just sent off my UCAS application so I am hoping to get an offer soon which would be so amazing as I chose Bangor cause I want a community feel!I am really excited to join uni as it is a new adventure and I get to study something that I am really interested and passionate in. Plus, I am also excited for the social life 😂

Hi, congratulations! Thats an interesting course too! Have you booked your accommodation yet?

Quick Reply

Latest