The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Actuaries science at LSE

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
Before nonchalantly committing to a course simply because you like the institution, it would be wise to look at other universities that offer the course which most interests you.

Of course I will research others universities soon.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by artful_lounger
You can always try. I think the B in FM would still be an issue though. But you probably have more of a chance with manament than actuarial science or economics at LSE

Hi I know its a bit random but I’m actually in a situation similar to RADHAT, for my case, I didn’t do FM, but managed to get 3A* in maths, econs and physics, and is thinking to apply for actuarial science. Do you think I will still have a chance to get an offer? I heard about some others who don’t do fm still got an offer for actuarial science tho
Hi I know its a bit random but I’m actually in a situation similar to RADHAT, for my case, I didn’t do FM, but managed to get 3A* in maths, econs and physics, and is thinking to apply for actuarial science. Do you think I will still have a chance to get an offer? I heard about some others who don’t do fm still got an offer for actuarial science tho

Did your school offer FM and you didn't take it, or was it not available at your school? In the latter case if your academic referee explains that in your reference it shouldn't be held against you. In the former case I think it might make you less competitive but you may still get an offer.
Did your school offer FM and you didn't take it, or was it not available at your school? In the latter case if your academic referee explains that in your reference it shouldn't be held against you. In the former case I think it might make you less competitive but you may still get an offer.

My school actually did offer fm, but the school only allow fm to be taken only as the fourth subject, plus my whole A level only lasted around one and a half year(maybe even less than that), including exam months, which means I have lesser time to actually prepare for the whole thing, compared to many other applicants whole studied their A level for two years. Should I ask my teacher to include this in the teacher reference? Or stating fm can be only taken as the fourth subject and the fact that I didn’t take it will just show that I can’t handle huge workload, making me in disadvantaged.
Thx for the quick reply btw.
My school actually did offer fm, but the school only allow fm to be taken only as the fourth subject, plus my whole A level only lasted around one and a half year(maybe even less than that), including exam months, which means I have lesser time to actually prepare for the whole thing, compared to many other applicants whole studied their A level for two years. Should I ask my teacher to include this in the teacher reference? Or stating fm can be only taken as the fourth subject and the fact that I didn’t take it will just show that I can’t handle huge workload, making me in disadvantaged.
Thx for the quick reply btw.

Well, many students do take FM as a fourth subject while applying to LSE so that bit is maybe not something to highlight. I think it would be worth highlighting that you did not study over 2 years, as that is unusual.

From your post it sounds like you already achieved your grades and will be on a gap year this year - if so it might be worth looking to see if you can take AS or A-level FM during your gap year (either via your old school or independently self studying it).
Well, many students do take FM as a fourth subject while applying to LSE so that bit is maybe not something to highlight. I think it would be worth highlighting that you did not study over 2 years, as that is unusual.

From your post it sounds like you already achieved your grades and will be on a gap year this year - if so it might be worth looking to see if you can take AS or A-level FM during your gap year (either via your old school or independently self studying it).

Alright got it, I will think about whether to self study fm during the year. Again, thanks for your help and reply, because the fact without fm is really bothering me recently and not sure what to do about it. Thank you!
Why do you keep talking about econ lol, completely irrelevant; OP clearly mentions actuarial science

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending