The Student Room Group

Should I give up driving lessons? Driving test date cancelled 4 times.

I've had my driving test date moved 4 times, twice because of lockdown and twice because my instructor was ill.
I've had about 60 hours of driving since 2019 August but with all of the lockdowns I've had a lot of breaks from driving which is why I've had so many hours.
As of September 2021 I've got 1 year left until my theory test runs out and I have to find a new instructor for my test in 2022 February (5th test date)
I used to love driving and now I hate it because of the delays and mess.
Everyone in my life is saying I should continue driving and my parents would be annoyed if I didn't continue. They've paid for most of my lessons which I'm obviously grateful for. I just don't want to drive anymore, the thought of doing lessons for another few months even though I'm test ready just feels like a waste of time.
I'm pretty sure we'll be in some sort of lockdown next February anyway so I'm worried about it being cancelled again because I'm sick of it now.

Should I continue driving even though I hate it now?
Anyone else in a dog s*** situation like this?
Reply 1
Original post by neville420
I've had my driving test date moved 4 times, twice because of lockdown and twice because my instructor was ill.
I've had about 60 hours of driving since 2019 August but with all of the lockdowns I've had a lot of breaks from driving which is why I've had so many hours.
As of September 2021 I've got 1 year left until my theory test runs out and I have to find a new instructor for my test in 2022 February (5th test date)
Everyone in my life is saying I should continue driving and my parents would be annoyed if I didn't continue. They've paid for most of my lessons which I'm obviously grateful for. I just don't want to drive anymore, the thought of doing lessons for another few months even though I'm test ready just feels like a waste of time.
I'm pretty sure we'll be in some sort of lockdown next February anyway so I'm worried about it being cancelled again because I'm sick of it now.

I understand your frustrations, but there's not a lot one could do with regards to disruption with driving lessons and securing a driving test because of the pandemic.

I've been in a very similar situation to you as I've been trying to find a new instructor in York since last Summer (I study in York and live in London) and it's only until today that I'm restarting driving lessons though I do have a test booked for December - I did have to change and cancel several times.

I suppose if your test is booked for February 2022, you can try to check regularly to see if you could secure a test date much sooner as there might be last minute cancellations. Hope this helps. :smile:
Reply 2
Then how are you going to get anywhere? You'll be a bus w*nker all your life?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by neville420

Download a driving test cancellations app and move your test sooner, trust me! Best of luck xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending