College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Official City, University of London 2022 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hi Anisa,

I was wondering how long City usually takes to respond. I applied in January and still haven't recieved anything.

Thank you

Hi,

I hope you are doing well. What course did you apply for?

This is not something that I can give an accurate answer or as it really depends on the admissions team. They may be experiencing a delay since applications have been submitted so they are probably checking through everyone's personal statement. I would recommend that your reach out to them directly as I won't have the right answer. You can contact them here.

Hope this helps.

Anisa
Final Year LLB Law Student
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Hello, I recently received an email by the uni saying that I have to complete a form as I will be under the age of 18 at the start of university in september. I have completed it and I tried to send it to the email they told me to send it to, however the email doesn't work because it is encrypted or has some security precautions. How do I fix this issue? I need to send the form in order to receive an offer. Should I call the university and ask them?
Original post by lovelyyy
Hello, I recently received an email by the uni saying that I have to complete a form as I will be under the age of 18 at the start of university in september. I have completed it and I tried to send it to the email they told me to send it to, however the email doesn't work because it is encrypted or has some security precautions. How do I fix this issue? I need to send the form in order to receive an offer. Should I call the university and ask them?

Hi @lovelyyy

I hope you are doing well.

I would agree with you and get in contact with the university or the admissions team. They will be in the best place to help you with this issue.

Hope this helps.

Anisa
Final Year Law Student
Reply 83
Would anybody who started the SLT MSc at City last year (or know someone who did) be able to let me know what date teaching started?
City's website says this year's pre-reg courses start 3 October but also says that this date may vary for health programmes. Can anyone help?
Hi! I have just accepted my place on the SLT course and every email I have seen says it could start at early as 1st September but will be confirmed nearer the time ☺️
Reply 85
Original post by alevelbpel
Hi! I have just accepted my place on the SLT course and every email I have seen says it could start at early as 1st September but will be confirmed nearer the time ☺️

Thanks, that matches with what I have been told :smile: I was just hoping that someone who started last year may be able to provide a rough indication of the course start date based on last year's start date, because 1st Sep vs 30 Sep has an impact on giving notice at work/moving to London
Is anyone doing undergraduate child nursing at city university?
hi everyone, is there a group chat or anything for offer holders?
Original post by Anonymous
hi everyone, is there a group chat or anything for offer holders?

if you find out let me know!
Original post by xcxvb1234
are many people moving or commuting?

Hi i am
Reply 90
Original post by Nadia@CityUoL-StudentRep
There are a lot of facilities within City, that contribute to helping with both staff and students mental health. At City, we have a 'Student Counselling, Mental health and Accessibility' services which is open to all City students. This service can be found in the form of face-to-face appointments, or even virtual appointments.

For more information visit the below website;
https://studenthub.city.ac.uk/help-and-support/mental-health-counselling

Hope this helps :smile:

Nadia

Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hi! :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to City, University of London for 2022!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here

Hey I'm glad there's someone I can talk to!

I'm looking to do an LLM course at City starting this September and hopefully you could help me with some questions I have!
I've heard that City not being a UoL colleges doesn't have access to the type of research libraries etc. that those colleges do. How true is this and will it affect the quality of my study in any way?
I'm an international student so I wondering if there are any college forums for Freshers looking to find housemates
Also, I wanted to know about if the college will assist in finding part time internships or apprenticeships for students, and if there is a placement committee. How are the placement opportunities for international students?

Thank you!
Reply 91
Is anyone looking at business management bsc
I have an offer for the above course, it would be great to connect with others who’ve applied for the same.

Also it would be great to hear from someone who has already studied at Bayes on what it was like there and how it helped them :smile:
Does anyone know about how waitlists work in SLT/at City in general? When will they start contacting waitlisted applicants?
I am an offer holder from City, university of London for BSc Economics. I recieved my offer on 17th February 2022. Feel free to ask any questions !
My stats :
Predicted grades : 96% ( ISC curriculum)
Other universities applied:
Queen Mary, University of London - Offer
City, University of London : Offer
London school of Economics: Offer
University of Edinburgh-
Kings College London -
Reply 94
Original post by Crusty18
I am an offer holder from City, university of London for BSc Economics. I recieved my offer on 17th February 2022. Feel free to ask any questions !
My stats :
University of Edinburgh-
Kings College London -

Just firm Economics at LSE.
Original post by Manvith

In LSE i applied for BSc Finance.
Original post by Manvith

I applied for BSc Finance in LSE
Anyone got Offer Holders WhatsApp group link?
Original post by Crusty18
My stats :
University of Edinburgh-
Kings College London -

Hi! I also have two offers from City. What program did you get?
I am also waiting on LSE.. which offer are you leaning towards?
My other offers are in Canada: McGill, University of British Columbia, and University of Toronto
I’ll be studying optometry. Would love to make friends :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending