The Student Room Group

Birmingham City University - PGCE - Unhappy and bad staff

This is not a question, this is a statement. the staff are horrible. I have had to complain and I've been here 8 weeks
(edited 2 years ago)
Had some BCU starters in my placement school this week and they also don't seem happy. What are they doing to you guys?
A lot. Especially in my cohort and to me personally, I have been discriminated against. The communication is awful, their BCU ITE standards are stupid especially when they tell us not to use the teacher's standards which we work with anyway and my own mentor isn't happy with them. Their final assignment is an absolute joke with their lack of communication, aid and understanding of the requirements. I have been in tears over it. The university barely sees us, has an awful placement team and their timings are badly laid out. They offer no aid, but tell us we have to do certain things like a day in a primary school, but offer no help unlike places like Staffordshire. I could go on. Honestly, they are atrocious and I have almost quit my PGCE 6 times because of them and it was only my mentor and my scholarship keeping me going.
Original post by SereneTrout
Had some BCU starters in my placement school this week and they also don't seem happy. What are they doing to you guys?

Same experience. Pls support my petition against BCU. Thanks

https://www.change.org/p/end-neglect-in-education-boost-support-protect-mental-health-and-prevent-suicides

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending