The Student Room Group

About to get kicked out of college

I've got another thread going about getting into uni, but I'm having major problems at the moment. My attendance at college is about 60% because most of my classes are at 9am and I always end up missing them because a) i can't be bothered at that time of the morning, or b) i miss the bus. In my other thread, I forgot to say that college MADE me switch to a BTEC when I got CDDD in my ASs, even though I didn't want to do a BTEC. Their minimum level of attendance is 85% before they kick you out, and over half term I've had a letter from the principal asking me to go and talk with him when I get back next week. I really don't want to get kicked out though because I want to go to uni and live the uni life. What can I do?

Scroll to see replies

Start turning up! I know you don't wanna do the course that they've made you do, but if you don't turn up then surely you don't have much of an argument. Get your head down, get some work done and prove to them that you're more than capable of doing A-Level. Failing that, get a job for the rest of the year and start again in September. If you go to a new college, explain where you went wrong at your old one and show that you're determined to change/willing to change, then should have a chance of getting where you want to be. Sometimes things just aren't so simple...

Good luck nonetheless.
Reply 2
apologize to him and hope he lets you stay in the college, but you need to buck up your act and go to college
Apologize and WAKE UP LIKE ALL THE REST OF THE WORLD!

EDIT; To be fair, in most colleges and many schools you wouldn't be allowed to carry on at all with CDDD. If you dont want to do it, then work for a year, and retake AS levels but maybe choose subjects your more suited to (if you think you might do better).
Reply 4
vidachick
I forgot to say that college MADE me switch to a BTEC when I got CDDD in my ASs, even though I didn't want to do a BTEC.

This is most unreasonable. :s-smilie:
Reply 5
No one likes getting up to be at school/college/uni for 9am. A full time job in the working world is no different!

So.. just make sure you're in bed by midnight and get up at 7.. or whatever time you need to, in order to make it there on time.
Reply 6
her0n
No one likes getting up to be at school/college/uni for 9am. A full time job in the working world is no different!

So.. just make sure you're in bed by midnight and get up at 7.. or whatever time you need to, in order to make it there on time.

It's easy for everyone to say get up earlier, but I go out most nights with my boyfriend and lose track of time. The bus service is a bit pants as well, so even when I'm late the next one is late and so I end up going into college 3 hours late after I go to Greggs on the way in.
Sounds like you deserve to be kicked out to be honest.
Haha, wait till you get a job mate. The real world is a shocker.
vidachick
It's easy for everyone to say get up earlier, but I go out most nights with my boyfriend and lose track of time. The bus service is a bit pants as well, so even when I'm late the next one is late and so I end up going into college 3 hours late after I go to Greggs on the way in.

Don't go out so often then? Or come home earlier. Set an alarm on your phone or something :confused:

Greggs on the way in?! This isn't a necessity! If it's making you late then stop eating pies or whatever for breakfast :p:

You need to sort your priorities out really.
Reply 10
vidachick

Ok here's what you need to do -

Get back earlier or don't go out.
Don't go to bed too late
Set an alarm early enough to allow you time to get ready and go to the bus stop.
Get the bus which will get you to college on time.
Allow time to go to Greggs or don't go at all.

Really, it's not hard. If you don't buck up now, it's going to be harder for you to get into Uni in future. And anyway, if you're not bothered about your lessons now, what will change about going to Uni? Are you going there to get a better education or just to live a student lifestyle on loan money?

Uni will have no qualms about kicking you out either, and if you're paying tuition money, that's going to hurt you financially.

I'm finding it hard to believe you're not a troll :/
vidachick
I've got another thread going about getting into uni, but I'm having major problems at the moment. My attendance at college is about 60% because most of my classes are at 9am and I always end up missing them because a) i can't be bothered at that time of the morning, or b) i miss the bus. In my other thread, I forgot to say that college MADE me switch to a BTEC when I got CDDD in my ASs, even though I didn't want to do a BTEC. Their minimum level of attendance is 85% before they kick you out, and over half term I've had a letter from the principal asking me to go and talk with him when I get back next week. I really don't want to get kicked out though because I want to go to uni and live the uni life. What can I do?

That is no reason to go to university. You go there to get a good degree and further your education; it isn't all about getting hammered all night.

You cannot be bothered to get up for school at 9am? And how do you expect to cope at univesity? Lectures there start at 9am too, especially for science subjects. Missing the bus and not being bothered are such rubbish reasons not to go.

Plus, if you are getting CCCD for AS Level, how do you expect to cope acadmically at university?

Someone needs to buck up their ideas...

(This sounds like an attack, but I think that it is important you understand OP that you may not have the right idea about uni and if you do get there, you may not cope that well...)
T-o dore
Apologize and WAKE UP LIKE ALL THE REST OF THE WORLD!

EDIT; To be fair, in most colleges and many schools you wouldn't be allowed to carry on at all with CDDD. If you dont want to do it, then work for a year, and retake AS levels but maybe choose subjects your more suited to (if you think you might do better).

ha my school let you carry on at A2 if you have an E! or if you have one E in one of the AS Modules so if you got an EUU you are allowed to do A2!

Stupid!
You have another thread where you are asking about prestigious universities. You have little chance of getting into them if you get kicked out of college, and you'll have the same problem at university unless you get your act together. Lectures at university start early, too, you know.
BJack
This is most unreasonable. :s-smilie:

How is it? If I was the Principal I wouldn't let people do A2 Levels with CDDD; who in their right mind would?! :confused: :rolleyes:

It isn't difficult to get at least CCCC if you work remotely hard...
I can't believe you can't work out the solution to this one. *
Reply 16
Hmm, well I have no sympathy. If you can't be bothered turning up to your classes then it's your own fault and they have every right to kick you out. I have to catch two buses to my college, taking an hour and a half or two hours every morning and most of my classes start at 8:40, I still have 100% attendance and no late marks. Just pull your finger out and do things. Unis aren't prepared to accept people who are lazy or don't take their academics seriously so start working, stop being preoccupied with your boyfriend and/or Greggs and take them a bit more seriously and they'll take you a bit more seriously. If you put some actual effort in they may let you actually take A-levels.

Oh and before you say it, it isn't easy for me to say it's easy to get up earlier, because I end up talking to my boyfriend and doing work simultaneously until like 2:30am some mornings and then I have to catch the bus at 6:50am, I still manage.
vidachick

:troll:
YOu have it easy at college, as someone said further up wait till you get into the world of work, you get sacked for being late. I suggest if you so badly want to go to Uni, pull your finger out and stop being so bloody lazy.
vidachick

Well stop doing that then! It really sounds like you need to get your priorities in order to be honest, you really don't sound as if you care about college at all.

Latest

Trending

Trending