The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

London271
ha my school let you carry on at A2 if you have an E! or if you have one E in one of the AS Modules so if you got an EUU you are allowed to do A2!

Stupid!

My mate got cdu at AS, and he only was allowed to carry on if he had constant private tutoring (although he secretly had private tutoring for his 3 subjects throughout AS lol) so ye i guess some schools dont mind too much as long as most people are getting the grades
Reply 21
stop being so lazy and get up like everybody else. if you need more sleep then dont go out. seriously if u cant figure that one out you dont deserve to be in college.
Reply 22
Speedbird2008
How is it? If I was the Principal I wouldn't let people do A2 Levels with CDDD; who in their right mind would?! It isn't difficult to get at least CCCC if you work remotely hard...

I don't find your argument convincing. Whether or not you'd find it difficult to get cccc or not is irrelevant: for some people, getting cccc would be an achievement. Why should they be forced to take BTECs?
You have to realise that its not an excuse to say you can't be bothered in the mornings - everyone else has to be. Neither is missing the bus - no one else misses it, and it's easy to catch - set your alarm ten minutes earlier. Everyone else manages to get to school on time most days, so why can't you?
I am sympathetic I know changing habits is hard but you have to do it, otherwise your college has no choice but to kick you out - and it'll be for the best because you won't survive at uni like that.
Reply 24
troll
BJack
I don't find your argument convincing. Whether or not you'd find it difficult to get cccc or not is irrelevant: for some people, getting cccc would be an achievement. Why should they be forced to take BTECs?

Welcome to the Gordon Brown school of education. :rolleyes:

People who are getting CCCC for AS are clearly not either academic or probably don't have a great work ethic. A vocational qualification is almost certainly a better option for people getting such grades.

You shouldn't be doing acadmic work if you cannot get around CCBB to be fair...

(BTW, the OP got CDDD.)
Apollinariya
Wow, shut up. I know the OPs a time waster, but those aren't bad grades at all, and there's always A2.

I was waiting for someone to say that.. and thankyou! i totally agree with you! :yep:
Apollinariya
Wow, shut up. I know the OPs a time waster, but those aren't bad grades at all, and there's always A2.

They're not great, either.

Anyone who thinks that CDDD are okay grades are frankly wrong.

According to GradeInfo, with CDDD: "Your percentile is 25.14%. This means that you outperformed around 32700 people in these exams. It also means that you stand at around place 97300 out of all 130,000 students. Finally, it means that only around 1 in every 1 students taking AS/A Level have your level of ability and above."

And: "You took 4 AS Level(s). The maximum number of points that can be achieved with this combination is 240. (For an explanation of this please see this page.)

Your overall point score was 130 out of the maximum. This is an average 33/60 points in your AS subject(s)."

That really isn't good.
Reply 28
vidachick
It's easy for everyone to say get up earlier, but I go out most nights with my boyfriend and lose track of time. The bus service is a bit pants as well, so even when I'm late the next one is late and so I end up going into college 3 hours late after I go to Greggs on the way in.

Well it's entirely your fault for going out with your bf and going to Greggs! Some of us used to have to get up at 6 and be out of the house by 7 in order to get into school. Blaming the bus service is no excuse - it may be a 'bit pants', but if you got up in time to catch the first one, you wouldn't have the problem. You clearly have absolutely no commitment to your work, and I honestly think that if you continue in this manner you will REALLY struggle at uni, where there is no prompting you about things, you're just expected to do them, and where if you miss your lectures/supervisions, you are likely to do very badly.
Reply 29
All my uni lectures are at 9am apart from todays which is 6-9 pm
you're going to love uni :biggrin:
AHHH halesowen
right, i'm at halesowen and i don't see why they MADE you do a btec as some of my friends have grades like DDEU/CDUU and were allowed to carry on or pick up more AS with an A2. you probably had bad behaviour or somehting like that last year? as in, didn't do much work or played up in class? you're not steph are you? :P
before they kick you out for bad attendance they will probably put you on attendance report(if your attendance drops below 80%) where you have to have 100% attendance for so many weeks and then you're safe after if you keep it above 80%.
buses are not a big deal. i mean, the college coaches are free this year?! and there are tonnes of buses running. going to greggs/your boyfriend really shouldn't be an excuse for being three hours late or particularly late at all. maybe get some self-discipline and learn to be on time and take responsibility for your actions?

finish your btec or drop out, work and do AS at a different college next year(can't really see halesowen letting you start all over again agaiiiin)

erm, consider whether you really want to go to uni to atually learn and further your career, or just to party.

ps. people moaning about the principle, you've every right to do so. the main principle at halesowen hasn't even ever been a teacher, he used to be a ******* accountant and everyone knows he's a joke
watermelon sugar
ps. people moaning about the principle, you've every right to do so. the main principle at halesowen hasn't even ever been a teacher, he used to be a ******* accountant and everyone knows he's a joke

I would rather have a corporate minded accountant with some real world experience of management run a college than some wet, leftie and dull Principal that most colleges I visited seemed to have.

Though that would be to stereotype, and that is wrong.
Reply 32
T-o dore
To be fair, in most colleges and many schools you wouldn't be allowed to carry on at all with CDDD.

At AS? Its the first year. It would be unfair to get not let people carry on for a second year. They are all passes.
Speedbird2008
I would rather have a corporate minded accountant with some real world experience of management run a college than some wet, leftie and dull Principal that most colleges I visited seemed to have.

Though that would be to stereotype, and that is wrong.

no, not some executive accountant or manager, just a bog standard book keeper. they have no idea of education, teaching or what's best for teachers or pupils. schools aren't businesses, there are people involved and it requires a certain level of sensitivity and experience of working in education.
Honestly, you cant have any complaints. As rude as it may sound, i think its time you wake up and realise the world doesnt wait for you to get your food, sleep or w.e. The real world has deadlines, which you have to meet and times where you have to go to work. You think if you got a job they would let you off coming in 3 hours late? You have got to sort your priorities out, and on a sidenote, I have friends in my year who got CCEE, UDDC and the like who are continuing A levels, but they got parents in and actually attended class. I reckon your school made you do btec because you dont have the mindset, committment or work ethics required for A Levels. I think you have got to show committment and get up earlier for the bus, and do extra work to prove you are good enough for it. Honestly, at Univeristy, live the life and whatnot, but you have to be even more independent and i assume your school are trying to prepare you for the harsh reality of the real world where you dont get away with things like this.

Sounds blunt and harsh, but its with good intentions i assure you.
Speedbird2008
People who are getting CCCC for AS are clearly not either academic or probably don't have a great work ethic. A vocational qualification is almost certainly a better option for people getting such grades.

I do not agree with that, at all! Just because someone may not be getting all A's or B's, that doesn't mean they're not academic etc. They could just be doing their best and working to their own ability!
Reply 36
this is a simple dilemma
buy about 5 alarms
set them 5 minutes after each other
that sorts out the waking up.
but going out with your boyfriend all the time?
p-r-i-o-r-i-t-i-e-s.

but the thing is, if you have no motivation now, then what makes you think you'll be motivated in university?
vidachick
It's easy for everyone to say get up earlier, but I go out most nights with my boyfriend and lose track of time. The bus service is a bit pants as well, so even when I'm late the next one is late and so I end up going into college 3 hours late after I go to Greggs on the way in.
You need to grow up. You need to stop acting like a little spoilt brat and realise that you've got responsibilities. You're old enough and ugly enough to enrol at college, so you're old enough and ugly enough to get up in the mornings like everybody else. The world won't pander to you, if you don't put any effort in, you'll get nothing back - in your case, if you don't put the effort in at college, there's no way you're even gonna get to university.

It seems to be like you just wanna stay out all night, have a great time, stay in bed til the afternoon and have your qualifications handed to you on a plate so that you can swan off to uni to continue your late night partying and half-assed attempts at an education.

Someone needs to wake up and smell the coffee. :yep:
Reply 38
her0n
No one likes getting up to be at school/college/uni for 9am.

I don't mind. I'd rather have a lecture first thing in the morning than late in the afternoon/early evening.

randomgirl

You need to sort your priorities out really.

:ditto:

How do you know that, once you get to uni, you'll feel up to going to 9AM lectures and tutorials (as you will probably have some)?

You really need to get more disciplined. I don't really say these things but going by this thread, any your other one, are you sure university is for you and that you'll have both the maturity and motivation? You're not just going for "the uni life", are you?
Reply 39
River85

You really need to get more disciplined. I don't really say these things but going by this thread, any your other one, are you sure university is for you and that you'll have both the maturity and motivation? You're not just going for "the uni life", are you?

Sounds like it... if she does manage to get a place somewhere, she's going to get a bit of a shock when she realises that as well as the fun, uni life includes a lot of time dedicated to work.

Latest

Trending

Trending