The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
That was really bad of your school forcing you to take a BTEC when they gave you a placement in the first place! My brother got DEEU at AS level (other people got similar grades) and he was allowed to stay in, and he's now doing Law & Crimonology at uni.
vidachick
It's easy for everyone to say get up earlier, but I go out most nights with my boyfriend and lose track of time.

Rule Number One: It is your responsibility to get to bed at a reasonable hour for school/work/uni. No-one else can do it for you and if you don't master it you will never hold any meaningful job/course. Most degrees and/or jobs have 9AM starts, if you can't manage it you fail your degree/get kicked out and/or you lose your job.

vidachick
The bus service is a bit pants as well, so even when I'm late the next one is late and so I end up going into college 3 hours late after I go to Greggs on the way in.

Rule Number 2: It is your responsibility to get to school/uni/work on time. Again, no-one else can do it for you and if you don't master it you will never hold down a decent job/course.

Get up earlier, catch an earlier bus to ensure you get in irrespective of bus delays, walk, cycle, whatever.

vidachick
In my other thread, I forgot to say that college MADE me switch to a BTEC when I got CDDD in my ASs, even though I didn't want to do a BTEC.

I really don't want to get kicked out though because I want to go to uni and live the uni life.

Rule Number Three: Work hard and get the grades you want. Nobody can do it for you. I'm sure your principal wouldn't mind so much if you were actually getting decent grades, but you aren't. If you seriously want to go to uni you have to start going to school and you have to work hard.

Rule Number Four: Uni isn't about getting drunk and having casual sex. It is a learning experience to broaden your opportunities. Go if you want to better yourself and get some qualifications behind you, but if all you want is the 'experience' save your time, save your money and go out on the piss in your local town.
Is Greggs really a neccessity?
Reply 43
The OP deserves to get kicked out if they find it too difficult to get up for 9am.
Reply 44
The OP sounds like a bellend.
Stop whining about the school just because you can't be bothered getting out of bed in the morning.
Poor you.
mermania
The OP sounds like a bellend.
Stop whining about the school just because you can't be bothered getting out of bed in the morning.

Quoted for Truth!
Speedbird2008
Welcome to the Gordon Brown school of education. :rolleyes:

People who are getting CCCC for AS are clearly not either academic or probably don't have a great work ethic. A vocational qualification is almost certainly a better option for people getting such grades.

You shouldn't be doing acadmic work if you cannot get around CCBB to be fair...

(BTW, the OP got CDDD.)

Grades C's are good. I am aiming for ABB or BBB at A-Level but I tink C's are not to be looked down upon.A-C = Good.
Reply 48
I have no sympathy. All through fist year at college I was in at 9, had to get up at 6:30 every morning to leave the house at 8 to catch the bus to college. As did many others. If we could all manage it, you can. Stop making excuses and get on with it.
vidachick
I've got another thread going about getting into uni, but I'm having major problems at the moment. My attendance at college is about 60% because most of my classes are at 9am and I always end up missing them because a) i can't be bothered at that time of the morning, or b) i miss the bus. In my other thread, I forgot to say that college MADE me switch to a BTEC when I got CDDD in my ASs, even though I didn't want to do a BTEC. Their minimum level of attendance is 85% before they kick you out, and over half term I've had a letter from the principal asking me to go and talk with him when I get back next week. I really don't want to get kicked out though because I want to go to uni and live the uni life. What can I do?

You sound like a prat. GO to school is my advise man, you wouldn't be in this mess then.

I get into college at 7.30 and stay till 3.
Reply 50
No one likes gettin up in the morning.. Your'e not the only one.
Reply 51
Guys can't you see that this is probably a joke?
poossum
Guys can't you see that this is probably a joke?

and if it isn't?
Reply 53
You're bringing all this on yourself. If you can't be bothered to go to college then it means you can't be bothered to work. If you've got this attitude now, why would it change when you get to uni? CDDD is pretty low.. and I'm sure your poor attendance severely affected those grades. If you're not allowed to do a-levels, then carry on with your BTEC and work mega hard to get as good grades as you can. You can still go to uni from doing BTEC. If you really want to do a-levels, do this year of BTEC and if you're allowed, then go on to do a-levels. I'm sure if you work hard this year, the principal will let you do a-levels next year. Good luck and get your priorities rightt (: Sorry i went on ha!
Reply 54
vidachick
I've got another thread going about getting into uni, but I'm having major problems at the moment. My attendance at college is about 60% because most of my classes are at 9am and I always end up missing them because a) i can't be bothered at that time of the morning, or b) i miss the bus. In my other thread, I forgot to say that college MADE me switch to a BTEC when I got CDDD in my ASs, even though I didn't want to do a BTEC. Their minimum level of attendance is 85% before they kick you out, and over half term I've had a letter from the principal asking me to go and talk with him when I get back next week. I really don't want to get kicked out though because I want to go to uni and live the uni life. What can I do?

I think this says it all. You really need to get your priorities in order.
Reply 55
Speedbird2008
Welcome to the Gordon Brown school of education. :rolleyes:

People who are getting CCCC for AS are clearly not either academic or probably don't have a great work ethic. A vocational qualification is almost certainly a better option for people getting such grades.

You shouldn't be doing acadmic work if you cannot get around CCBB to be fair...

(BTW, the OP got CDDD.)

I got BDE at AS level.. would you think me unsuitable for A2s and university?

Just for your interest, they turned into AAC at A2 and im now at Exeter doing a biology degree - you aren't even out of your Alevels yet and clearly don't know what you're talking about.

---------------
And OP?
trolllllllllll. Even i manage to drag myself out of bed when i have to.
Start attending, and if you are having trouble, get an earlier bus and get an early night.
Oh my gosh. You're really quite ridiculous. You sound like you're juts going through the educational system because you know...it's what you do isn't it? The thing is, stop going if you don't enjoy it.

My attendance is appalling too, but the thing is, it's not because i'm lazy, it's not because i go out all the time with my boyfriend or friends, it's not because i go to greggs in the way in, it's because i actually have a problem.

You however, seem to be taking the piss.
Agree with Redriotroses. No doubt you will get thrown out, with an attitude like that, I deal in timetables and teach drama aswell, and can tell you one thing, you know lazy pupils as they don't attend and then come to you moaning that they want thier timetable changed as it's hard, well turn up. Little tip if your thinking about this, don't try and get your timetable moved so all your lessons are later, as it won't happen.
Reply 59
if you want the "uni life" in your current style i have a suggestion for you = drop out, stop wasting your teachers time, go on the dole (you will never keep a job with your attitude - not even cleaning the loos in mcdonalds) and go and get hammered every night like you currently are...
And you won't pick up 15 grand of debt or take a place away from someone who wants to work.

Real uni life is working until 2am most nights juggling your job and your degree and wondering if you can get away with 3 instead of 4 hours sleep tonight - not having a social life by year 3 apart from the pub once in a blue moon, and forget the bf there isn't a time slot phisically left for them... i am in uni 3 days a wk - my lectures start at 9 - my work on the other 4 days of the week am not there starts at 8.... i am on the go 7 days a week, i am on track for a 1st in my degree and i have no debt. This is the attitude the uni's want to see,

You need a reality check - have a quick search on UCAS - how many courses can you acutally get into with your current grades? Not so many i would think - and with your attitude - none. Uni admission tutors are excellent at seeing through the PS = and the undertones of a ref.

Stop being so bloody lazy! There is NO excuse for being 3 hours late to anything - don't go to Gregs and see the BF a bit less. You can't blame 3 hours on getting up later or missing the first bus.

I'm sorry this seems very harsh but if you really have aspirations to do better - show some willing and you will be surprised how many people are willing to support you along the way!

Latest

Trending

Trending