The Student Room Group

My path to study Physician Associate

Hi, I’m a student in year 12 who is thinking of becoming a physician associate in the future . Do you guys think it’s better to do a biomed undergraduate degree before physician associate studies or to do the undergraduate physician associate course ?
Omg , thank you so much , what alevels do you think is necessary to get into reading / UClan?
I think I made a mistake when choosing my alevels because I wasn’t sure what I was going to do but I chose chemistry, biology and health and social care and I don’t think health and social care counts as an academically subject.
Oh no, I’m not sure what to do now .
I don’t think I can change my alevels in my school and what type of degrees do you mean . I’m so sorry for the fuss I keep asking questions 😭.
Oh alright
Reply 6
Hi im in year 13 and have applied for the undergraduate physician associate course ( main) option and biomed to then do a masters in physician associate studies as a second option. I prefer the undergraduate route as the funding is better, plus no need to do the whole personal statement and interview process.
Im currently in my first year the studying MPAS degree at Reading so I'm happy to answer any question about the course or about Reading!
Original post by priscillaaa_
Im currently in my first year the studying MPAS degree at Reading so I'm happy to answer any question about the course or about Reading!

Hi I applied for ungrad PA at Reading and I've a interview next week, I am so nervous . Can you advise what to expect at the interview or what to prepare for?
hi, i also applied to reading for the undergrad MPAS course. i haven't heard back from them yet. i thought that they didnt do interviews?
Original post by GCSEs2019Ganggg
hi, i also applied to reading for the undergrad MPAS course. i haven't heard back from them yet. i thought that they didnt do interviews?

They did zoom interview with me I think coz of the current covid situation.
Reply 11
Has anybody booked an interview for UCLAN. Physician associate studies

Hi i was wondering if there is any way that i could do the physician associate degree without biology a level. I do chemistry psychology and business
Reply 13
One option is to spend a year or two working in health care after school and do an addational part time A level or OU courses. A nice email to the university asking for their advice often get a useful responce.

The radical option is to move to Scotland as OU is free in Scotland for people on a low income then do a OU degree in 3 years while working in healthcare.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by 16aarefmiller
Hi i was wondering if there is any way that i could do the physician associate degree without biology a level. I do chemistry psychology and business

Hi, maybe at postgraduate but at undergraduate at Reading, you need a B in both biology and chemistry.
Reply 15

Hi, do you think there’s a big emphasis on work experience? Or is there a good chance getting on the PA course with good grades only?

Hi! Please can you answer some questions! I’m not sure if you’re currently taking any questions but if you can that would be amazing!

Quick Reply

Latest