The Student Room Group

Do you think BBC/ITV show quality has declined?

There is an annual anniversary show for the local broadcaster TVB, which is held on November 19th every year. This year's show is held tonight at 8:30pm to 11pm, to celebrate the broadcaster's 54th anniversary.
My family has only watched one of these shows live since 2014, which was last year's show. It was truly meh (I only watched the opening sequence), and I have already given up on watching this year's show (as I think it may also be meh). The 2014 show, with a chessboard set, was OK, but when I watched some extracts of shows over the years, I found that the shows up to around 2009 were quite good (especially the 2008 one, which was my favourite), but some of the recent ones were quite bad (most notably 2016, despite 2017 being quite good). The viewership points reflected that as in 2000-2009 it is always above 35, but since 2013 only two shows hit 30+ (2015 and 2018).
Do you think BBC/ITV shows were declining in quality over the years?
Original post by 8013
There is an annual anniversary show for the local broadcaster TVB, which is held on November 19th every year. This year's show is held tonight at 8:30pm to 11pm, to celebrate the broadcaster's 54th anniversary.
My family has only watched one of these shows live since 2014, which was last year's show. It was truly meh (I only watched the opening sequence), and I have already given up on watching this year's show (as I think it may also be meh). The 2014 show, with a chessboard set, was OK, but when I watched some extracts of shows over the years, I found that the shows up to around 2009 were quite good (especially the 2008 one, which was my favourite), but some of the recent ones were quite bad (most notably 2016, despite 2017 being quite good). The viewership points reflected that as in 2000-2009 it is always above 35, but since 2013 only two shows hit 30+ (2015 and 2018).
Do you think BBC/ITV shows were declining in quality over the years?

I like them. Entirely depends on what you’re interested in watching.

Quick Reply

Latest