The Student Room Group

Scrubs

I find it funny but i wish people would stop thinking thats what its like to be a doctor.There health system is so different on so many levels.Besides why would you want to form a opion and a dream over a programe that insults male nurses, among all of the other prediuce crap that is common in most amercian tv shows:confused:

Whats your thoughts on scrubs?

P.S on my guide to getting into medical school book It states about interveiws,one of the questons is " what has influenced you on becomeing a doctor?" I wonder how many people say scrubs and still get in Lol.

Scroll to see replies

reikazen
It states about interveiws,one of the questons is " what has influenced you on becomeing a doctor?" I wonder how many people say scrubs and still get in Lol.

Hopefully 0%.
Reply 2
I <3 Scrubs. But I haven't had time to watch it lately.
It's a TV show. It's supposed to be entertaining, not informative.
What do you mean a career in medicine isnt like scrubs?????

*sobs and withdraws ucas application*

if you didnt get that i ******* love it
Reply 5
GodspeedGehenna
It's a TV show. It's supposed to be entertaining, not informative.

yeah thats one of my points.Keep seeing it been referenced here tho:p:
Reply 6
that would be like vet applicants saying animal hospital is why they decided to become a vet, its totally unrealistic but still something I enjoy watching, just for the comedy value.
The Xray is the wrong way round in the titles anyway, but i love it!
Reply 7
Scrubs is the best, i admit i do get carried away sometimes thinking thats how a hospital works in real life...
Reply 8
x_Bex_x
that would be like vet applicants saying animal hospital is why they decided to become a vet, its totally unrealistic but still something I enjoy watching, just for the comedy value.

hmm on the vet side of things , there are alot of shows out there that are more realistic , allmost docmentry style.For Vets mind you.
Reply 9
lool i love scrubs i think thats why im applying to medicine lool i joke i joke but still its funny and makes being a doctor look easy
Reply 10
x_Bex_x

Apparantly the producers noticed that, so in one episode's opening titles, someone turns over the X-Ray, never seen that episode though.
Reply 11
reikazen
I find it funny but i wish people would stop thinking thats what its like to be a doctor.There health system is so different on so many levels.Besides why would you want to form a opion and a dream over a programe that insults male nurses, among all of the other prediuce crap that is common in most amercian tv shows:confused:

Whats your thoughts on scrubs?

P.S on my guide to getting into medical school book It states about interveiws,one of the questons is " what has influenced you on becomeing a doctor?" I wonder how many people say scrubs and still get in Lol.

In law we have what we call "ally mcbeal / legally blonde syndrome". You would not believe the number of people that have said on or both of those shows is why they want to do law. Boston Legal will no doubt spawn its own syndrome too soon enough.
Reply 12
only program drama/comedy that ive seen that is true to its picture is No angels.
Tbh Green Wing is why I want to be a doctor :teeth:
Reply 14
london boii u have no chance of getting in!
Reply 15
DaveJ
Apparantly the producers noticed that, so in one episode's opening titles, someone turns over the X-Ray, never seen that episode though.

It's in 'My Urologist' I think, and it's Kim that turns it round :yep:
Reply 16
The poor grammar in the OP makes me sad.
Reply 17
yosysaeed
london boii u have no chance of getting in!

can you prove that??
Reply 18
Howells
The poor grammar in the OP makes me sad.

**** off to allakhazam :biggrin:
Reply 19
To be fair though, Scrubs does *sometimes* touch on quite serious issues, more than most comedy shows i think...

Latest

Trending

Trending