The Student Room Group

Share thoughts that have inspired you personally

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Man cannot bare his sin, but most don't believe this . . . so they die trying

Luke 23:26
And as they led him away, they laid hold upon one Simon, a Cyrenian, coming out of the country, and on him they laid the cross, that he might bear it after Jesus.

(Artist's impression by James Tissott)
simon-cyrenian-compelled-carry-cross-jesus-237_42183.jpg
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 41
whos gonna carry the boats
(Original post by tinyperson)Every day counts

whos gonna carry the boats
Reply 43
Lots happening here, all welcome

FB_IMG_1685774704154.jpg
Reply 44
Revelation 18:2 . . 23
"Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird . . . Thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived."

The work "sorceries" is "pharmakeia " i.e. medications, where we get pharmacy.
Merchants are business people, the great men are the most powerful, so this includes big pharma.
Reply 45
Genesis 17:17,19 Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?
:19 And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac (i.e. laughter, mockery)

Every time they heard the child laugh they would remember how they once laughed at God, and perhaps laugh at themselves instead. The descendants of Isaac can learn this lesson if they are born again.
Reply 46
When the light of your life comes when you open the fridge door it's time to admit you need help
Reply 47
Political activists want to speak truth to power.

God's activists want to speak truth to the powerless.
Original post by the bear
only a fool breaks the two second rule

What does that mean?
Reply 49
Original post by Kutie Karen
What does that mean?

look it up on youtube
"Do the scary thing first, and get scared later"
Reply 51
I have come to the conclusion that I have 3 enemies: unbelief, fear and pride.

I can beat them all through the Spirit of God. Doing so is my business, and His.
Reply 52
I have heard many testimonies like this, mine has similarities

https://www.facebook.com/reel/334572882496904?s=chYV2B&fs=e
Reply 53
https://www.facebook.com/share/v/VMmahq3cVn1DwhPn/

Many people agree with this, but they don't actually know God's business or have his talents, so they serve with man's love.

Pablo Picasso (artist):
The meaning of life is to find your gift.
The purpose of life is to give it away

autn.jpg
Reply 54
I have been watching NDE (near death experience) vids by people who are now believers trying to understand and be faithful to what they experienced . ... nde-ers have an experience of the love of God, like the prophets of the Old Testament did BUT the true NEW covenant is better than this . . . The love of God comes to DWELL in you by you receiving the Holy Spirit, as detailed in Acts 2v4, 10v44-48, see also 1 Corinthians 14v2, 4.*
Reply 55
"He that is without sin . . . let him first cast a stone."
Did Jesus practice what he preached?

He is the chief cornerstone.
He cast himself at her.
He cast himself for her at Calvary.
Through that she is able to "go and sin no more."
Original post by NJA
"He that is without sin . . . let him first cast a stone."

I'm not religious but I do like this one, I also like the one about praying in quiet corners. I can't abide preachers or people who try to convert others.
Reply 57
Original post by CoolCavy
I'm not religious but I do like this one, I also like the one about praying in quiet corners. I can't abide preachers or people who try to convert others.

Public praying . . . Jesus withdrew to pray.

Why do people do it?
Mat 23:5-6 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: . .. . and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.*
Reply 58
Bethlehem . . .

"Yet in thy dark streets shineth
The everlasting light
The hopes and fears of all the years
Are met in thee tonight"
Reply 59
If u r in the Lancaster area, this is going on all week
https://www.youtube.com/live/wDXBroHTXBA?si=OEIdHKiRMVZ067n1
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest