The Student Room Group

Entry to Scottish Universities

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about getting into Scottish Universities with only one science subject? I've been looking at biology, medicine and biomedicine related courses, and entry requirements all seem to include two science A levels.
Is there any way around this, and is there some way it would be possible to get in with only one science?
A level subjects I have are Biology, Geography and French

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by MoiraMarimba
Hi!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about getting into Scottish Universities with only one science subject? I've been looking at biology, medicine and biomedicine related courses, and entry requirements all seem to include two science A levels.
Is there any way around this, and is there some way it would be possible to get in with only one science?

Thanks!

A lot of the time, both Biology and Chemistry are needed to study those kind of subjects so I think it would be pretty difficult without Chemistry. It’s always worth emailing universities and explaining your situation though, it’s helped me clarify a couple things in the past!
Original post by MoiraMarimba
Hi!

Thanks!

Hey @MoiraMarimba :smile: Just to echo what @shiv-04 has advised here - there's no harm in emailing the universities you're interested in to see if there is perhaps any leniency in their subject requirements. Generally speaking though, if the prospectus/website states something as required then they may not be able to consider you unfortunately so be ready for that response :frown: Particularly in the areas you're looking at it's important for admissions teams to see a good competency in Science subjects, but if studying those subjects in Scotland is really something you want to do then it's better to ask the question to the university and see what your options are than not ask at all.

Have you applied for university this year or are you applying for a later year?

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply

Latest