The Student Room Group

How to get 50+ marks out of 60 for media coursework?

I have to make an action dvd cover and film poster. I need to hand it in next wednesday.
What should i do to get top marks.
I said I will use south asian representation but I don't know how to include it.
This may be late but what helped me get 56/60 is through really reading through the brief and making sure I met each and every requirement
I would suggest quickly going through media products like the one youre going to produce, to gather inspo to help you when you get stuck on what to add
like in your case search up posters and dvd covers with south asian representation so you can base your product on that - basing, not copying, you need to make something unique but recognisable. Doing this makes your product look professionally made because it looks similar to the ones in industry already.
Make sure you subvert something and detail that in your statement of intent, they like to see something interesting and new
If you make a mistake, like with aspect ratio or something like that you can make an excuse of it saying it was a subversion of convention as well
In your statement make sure every other line you're backing up everything you did with a theory, and make sure you have a theory from each section of media (representation, audience etc...)
there's sm more but those are the things I can think off the top of my head rn
Reply 2
got my marks managed to get a 9 for my coursework
:smile:
Original post by blackmobilephone
This may be late but what helped me get 56/60 is through really reading through the brief and making sure I met each and every requirement
I would suggest quickly going through media products like the one youre going to produce, to gather inspo to help you when you get stuck on what to add
like in your case search up posters and dvd covers with south asian representation so you can base your product on that - basing, not copying, you need to make something unique but recognisable. Doing this makes your product look professionally made because it looks similar to the ones in industry already.
Make sure you subvert something and detail that in your statement of intent, they like to see something interesting and new
If you make a mistake, like with aspect ratio or something like that you can make an excuse of it saying it was a subversion of convention as well
In your statement make sure every other line you're backing up everything you did with a theory, and make sure you have a theory from each section of media (representation, audience etc...)
there's sm more but those are the things I can think off the top of my head rn

Is this A level? If so, how did you do? How did you revise, any tips etc?

Just really trying to find some resources for this, I have my exams in June, and there is very little for media online.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending