The Student Room Group

google apprenticeships 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rfoatmcoaus
I think it’s a big part of the application but if you have included a cover letter it might help your application.

i didn't even include a cover letter fml. it said one file required so I thought it was just the resume that was compulsory. oh well :/ they're insanely competitive anyway. I applied to the Amazon digital marketing one so I don't feel too bad
Original post by nicoles_
Yes, I have a phonecall after passing the first stage, when is yours? Has anyone had their interview yet?

Not yet. How long did it take for you to get your email?
Yes, I have a phonecall after passing the first stage, when is yours? Has anyone had their interview yet?

What was the 1st stage? Was it a zoom call?
Ok cool so it seems about a month. I just wanted to make sure I hadn’t missed something
Reply 24
I applied end February 21st and received an email from a recruiter on March 25th. I had a google hangouts interview and was invited to next stages which is 2 interviews, one at the beginning of May and then one at the end.
Reply 25
Congratulations!! What kind of questions was asked at the Google Hangouts Interview?

Mine were role-specific and I mentioned I was taking part in the digital garage marketing course in my cover letter. With that being said, he asked some questions about marketing and then also competence questions. I was nervous and have awful memory so can not tell you the specific questions, sorry!
Original post by foiture
I applied end February 21st and received an email from a recruiter on March 25th. I had a google hangouts interview and was invited to next stages which is 2 interviews, one at the beginning of May and then one at the end.

Do you know whether the next 2 interview stages will be virtual or not?
Original post by Mr-Tickle
Has anyone else received an invitation to interview for the SWE apprenticeship?

Yeah mines Wednesday wbu?
Good luck on your second interviews! I have my video call interview in a week and a half and I’m super nervous. Are you applying for digital marketing?
Guys!!! I got an interview invite today! OMG I'm so excited. I thought the lack of cover letter would've impeded my application but I guess not!
Original post by Planetvnus
Good luck on your second interviews! I have my video call interview in a week and a half and I’m super nervous. Are you applying for digital marketing?

I am! Are you? Good luck for your interview. Let me know how it goes. I also booked mine in a week ish time! ahh
Anyone else get invited to the second round of SWE apprenticeship interviews?
Original post by Mr-Tickle
Anyone else get invited to the second round of SWE apprenticeship interviews?

I did
Original post by Planetvnus

hii! how did it go?
Original post by foiture
Mine were role-specific and I mentioned I was taking part in the digital garage marketing course in my cover letter. With that being said, he asked some questions about marketing and then also competence questions. I was nervous and have awful memory so can not tell you the specific questions, sorry!

hii-I just had mine too! it went alright. Do you have interviews in May to move to the next process?
Original post by lilyrose270
hii-I just had mine too! it went alright. Do you have interviews in May to move to the next process?

Nice!!! did they tell you whether you moved on? whens your next interview??!!
Reply 36
Original post by lilyrose270

Yeah, I have a prep call with my recruiter and then the interview next week
prep call? whats that?
Reply 38
I just finished what I believe to be all the interviews for the "Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship, Engineering, September 2022 Start - London" role at google

First was a screening process, in which they scheduled two more interviews. The first one was about two topics I had to research, and then the next one was about IT fundamentals, Googleyness, and Leadership.

I think both interviews went well.

The cut of date for interviews was today, the 29th. So just waiting back for my recruiter to get back to me.

Does anyone know the next step in the hiring process for the apprenticeship? Shall I contact my recruiter later into the week about asking for the next steps?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by dinomite474
prep call? whats that?

A call with my recruiter prior to my first interview!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending