Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in for personalised advice on applying to uni New here? Join for free to post

Can't pay/send UCAS form!!

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So,I've filled out everything I need to on my UCAS form and made sure that all the relevant sections are marked as complete but I still can't pay! It's the reference section that keeps coming up with an error message. Obviously, I'm not writing my own reference but it keeps saying that the area is not complete therefore I can't pay yet.

I thought that you had to pay first then the form automatically got sent to your school/college so THEY can fill the reference bit out?

Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gooner1991)
    So,I've filled out everything I need to on my UCAS form and made sure that all the relevant sections are marked as complete but I still can't pay! It's the reference section that keeps coming up with an error message. Obviously, I'm not writing my own reference but it keeps saying that the area is not complete therefore I can't pay yet.

I thought that you had to pay first then the form automatically got sent to your school/college so THEY can fill the reference bit out?

Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    I'd suggest calling them. Did you accidentally apply as an individual, rather than through your school?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That is strange. When I completed my application I just paid for it, and it got sent to my school to do the reference.

Hmmm, are you sure you have enough money in your bank account?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When my friend tried to send hers it just came up with a load of numbers and an error message; just go to your Head of Sixthroom/UCAS dude and they'll get it sorted :P
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you just need to go see your head of Sixth-form and (as someone said above) your UCAS 'dude'.
    They will be able to sort it for you and you'll have it off in no tim
    Good Luck with your offers =]
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What browser are you using? Also try applying at a different time and check that you have sufficient funds in your bank account (and that it is turned on to allow such transfers). Or go to school and ask the UCAS person for help.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADrummond)
    I'd suggest calling them. Did you accidentally apply as an individual, rather than through your school?
    Ooo, that may be it. At the time I signed up for UCAS I wasnt at a college so applied as an individual. Do you know whether I can change that?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ooo, that may be it. At the time I signed up for UCAS I wasnt at a college so applied as an individual. Do you know whether I can change that?
    Call UCAS and they should right fix it up.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think you would just have to apply again but this time through school?
    Not sure.. Rather annoying if you've filled everything out!
    Give UCAS a ring, they should be able to change it!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I did this and fixed it today. I registered independantly but you need to use your college/sixth form and get them to ring. You need your personal ID, your name and stuff and it'll be all good after that!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 5, 2008
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.